The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Twinned Accommodation?

So I've been put into catered twinned accommodation (CC2054 - Chancellor's Court). Not really what I wanted, but that's life - I was just wondering if anyone else has been through twinned accommodation? How easy/difficult is it? Is it true that there are bunk beds? And only one workstation?

I was told that there's a possibility of transferring around 6 weeks into the semester - has anyone done that?

I'm pretty much going into this blind, having only ever seen Chancellor's Court from the outside very briefly, so any information would be greatly appreciated :smile:
I'm in the same situation. Hopefully I will be able to move. I think I might be in the room next to you. I'm in CC2053.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
pineapple_shaker
I'm in the same situation. Hopefully I will be able to move. I think I might be in the room next to you. I'm in CC2053.

Woohoo, finally someone near me :biggrin:

So far I've only been able to find people in twinned rooms on the first floor - the second floor seems barren!

I'm getting more and more used to the idea (read as: I just want to leave Leicester now). I just hope my room-mate isn't annoying/a ******/noisy/really shy/whatever.
Reply 3
I've stayed at Chancellor's Court in the summer in a twin room and there was a bathroom, a closet, two single beds, two bedside cabinet's and I think only one workstation...
Most of the rooms in Chancellor's court are twinned - the university's apparently had a lot of applications for it and as far as I've heard, it's only the RA's and the odd few that only have single rooms...
Reply 5
Just as a little update, twinned accommodation isn't bad at all. The room's pretty big and my roommate's really nice :smile:

It actually helps make friends, and it means you're less lonely. If your roommate's totally different to you though it sucks - my friend is down the hall and his roommate's a tosser.
Cauldhame
If your roommate's totally different to you though it sucks - my friend is down the hall and his roommate's a tosser.

Stab him to death in his sleep!
Reply 7
I'm in a twinned room on the first floor and it's fine, but my roommate and i both want single rooms... And i don't know what i'll do when my boyfriend comes to stay.

On a totally unrelated topic, how do we get fresh bed linen in Chancellors? Do you have to strip your sheets first?
nosnibor
I'm in a twinned room on the first floor and it's fine, but my roommate and i both want single rooms... And i don't know what i'll do when my boyfriend comes to stay.

On a totally unrelated topic, how do we get fresh bed linen in Chancellors? Do you have to strip your sheets first?

Fresh bed linen will be delivered to you on your cleaning day. You are expected to strip the beds yourself and leave any linen to be uplifted by the cleaner either on the day the new linen is due or (as is more wise) the following day. The linen will be left for you to put on your own bed.
Reply 9
michaelnicholson88
Fresh bed linen will be delivered to you on your cleaning day. You are expected to strip the beds yourself and leave any linen to be uplifted by the cleaner either on the day the new linen is due or (as is more wise) the following day. The linen will be left for you to put on your own bed.

not every cleaning day in my experience though

and i think i have seen you around now...scary stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending