The Student Room Group

Good Law Uni with AABB?

I'm currently on a gap year and have decided to study Law at university, however I have no idea where to study. Everyone I ask seems to have a different opinion and they all seem to know best yet have no experience of Law, some have no experience of uni at all but are all too eager to try to sway my opinion.

I'd like some advice from people who really do know what they're talking about please =]

I got As in Law and Sociology and Bs in History and Lit, my History grade may go up after remarks but I certainly don't want to count on it.
I haven't planned on taking the LNAT and I don't think the top unis will take me anyway after I have taken resits in Law and English and many seem fussy about this.

=]
Reply 1
Lancaster?
Leicester? - i think they're still AAB
you could always call some people and ask what they're poition would be given your grades - they'll be able to tell you whether tis worth ou applying
Reply 2
Leicester's standard offer is now AAA, but I think you'd have a very good chance with those grades.
Reply 3
i mean there has to be some people who get in with AAB, and they know you already have your grades, but you could always give them a call and see what they say. Lancaster is agood bet though, nice campus and just gone top ten overall in times i belive
Leicester should let you in with that - although it will be 2 yrs on, I got in last year with ABBB, so you stand a pretty good chance. Leicester are usually more accepting of the UCAS tariff aswell - and with 440 points you've done very well! :smile:
Good luck
Reply 5
lancaster is 33rd for law..not that amazing.
Because of course, how could we forget, league tables are everything :rolleyes:
Reply 7
nope. league tables don't mean everything. but The_Goose said Lancaster is top 10. which isn't the case.
Overall it is the case.
Reply 9
jkyng1
nope. league tables don't mean everything. but The_Goose said Lancaster is top 10. which isn't the case.

overall it is the case. and Hull was 8th on law last year and 29th this year... somehow i don't think it changes that much in 12 months
besides a universities overall reputation is more reliable that individual departments
Reply 11
jkyng1
lancaster is 33rd for law..not that amazing.

You really shouldn't put so much faith in league tables dude.
Reply 12
I'm interested in Leicester because it's a highly rated uni, but I like Keele because of where it is.
I may or may not have a chance of getting into Leicester but I presume it would be better for me if I could.
I just can't make this kind of decision.
be-lie-ve
I'm interested in Leicester because it's a highly rated uni, but I like Keele because of where it is.
I may or may not have a chance of getting into Leicester but I presume it would be better for me if I could.
I just can't make this kind of decision.

be careful with keele, yes it's pretty but they make you take a second subject in your first and second year.
Reply 14
being post results ie applying alreayd with the grades in hand, places like Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Exeter, Cardiff, will prob give you offers anyway.
Reply 15
UEA (university of east anglia) isn't bad for law
the law department is based in historic Earlham Hall on the campus
http://www1.uea.ac.uk/cm/home/schools/ssf/law
Its typical offer was AAB last year

Latest

Trending

Trending