The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lidskoo
My measurements come to a size 9 :frown:
I'd like to be a size 8
Preferably a 6 on top 8 on bottoms like I used to be.

well i dont know what the hell you're on about.
I think it used to be 16 and now it has gone down to 14.

Im a size 10-12 and perfectly happy :biggrin:
I'm a size 6-8, BUT

I'm ethnically Italian/Southern French where women tend to be a lot smaller width-wise, most of my clothes are from abroad because I just can't find my size in so many shops here, even in central London where they generally stock the smaller sizes too.
Reply 23
Im size 6/8 in most shops but then Im really short.
Reply 24
Surfers_Paradise*09*
Thought it was 14

It is, size 12/14 is the average.
Reply 25
I'm a 12 on top, 10 on bottom and would only like to change to a 10 on top :smile:

Actually i'd like longer legs too but that isnt gonna happen :biggrin:
Reply 26
i reckon if ur in the 8 - 14 bracket then thats pritty healthy,

size 2, and 4, is rediculous,
and who wants to have the body proportions of a six year old child.

its what u make of ur figure that counts,
Reply 27
atoms4peace
well i dont know what the hell you're on about.

Neither 8 nor 10 fits right as 8 is too small and 10 is too big, so I call my size a size 9.
I'm aware no such size exists...
lidskoo
Neither 8 nor 10 fits right as 8 is too small and 10 is too big, so I call my size a size 9.
I'm usually between sizes too! It's so annoying innit lol.
Reply 29
I've got the waist of a size 10 (28 inches), but the hips of a size 12 (38 inches), so all my jeans either cling ridiculously to my bum (if I go for a 10), or slip down and sit on said hips, revealing my arse to the world (if I buy size 12). Most UK high-street stores seem to assume that all women are cylindrical; if you look at their size guides, they tend to assume a 6-8 inch difference between waist and hips.

Not that this contributed to the debate at all, but I seriously needed a moan about the shape that shops assume women are!
i am 6/8 can ocassionally fit into 4 but i would like to be one exact size. probably the 8
lidskoo

alright well good luck with that
Reply 32
Normally a 14, due to recent weight gain an 14/16.
Would like to be a size 10/12.
I thought national average was a 14 too.

Btw who gets asked all these questions??
Like to find out national averages i would have thought theyd ask most of the women in the country, but I dont know anyone who has been asked.
Reply 33
ELSHA
i reckon if ur in the 8 - 14 bracket then thats pritty healthy,

size 2, and 4, is rediculous,
and who wants to have the body proportions of a six year old child.

its what u make of ur figure that counts,

It depends on your height, for someone 5ft or under size 4 would just mean they are slim, it doesn't mean they want to be they just are.
Reply 34
Quistis
I've got the waist of a size 10 (28 inches), but the hips of a size 12 (38 inches), so all my jeans either cling ridiculously to my bum (if I go for a 10), or slip down and sit on said hips, revealing my arse to the world (if I buy size 12). Most UK high-street stores seem to assume that all women are cylindrical; if you look at their size guides, they tend to assume a 6-8 inch difference between waist and hips.

Not that this contributed to the debate at all, but I seriously needed a moan about the shape that shops assume women are!

a size ten waist? isnt that 24 inches???

because the models at storm,
have to be 22 or 24 inches, due to the new laws.
and thats either a size 8 or 10.
Kelseyyy
Btw who gets asked all these questions??
Like to find out national averages i would have thought theyd ask most of the women in the country, but I dont know anyone who has been asked.
I don't think they do a national 'poll' - I think it's based on sales numbers; most popular/recurring sizes sold in shops. Just a guess.
Reply 36
Quistis

lol clothes stretch and shrink besides they don't have to fit perfectly:p: Out of interest hat is the correct size for someone with a 25 inch waist and 31 inch hips?
Reply 37
repellent
It depends on your height, for someone 5ft or under size 4 would just mean they are slim, it doesn't mean they want to be they just are.

im 5ft 11, and a size 8,

if that applied to most people
then im 5ft 11, and a size 16/18

:/

i dont think so.

to be that small, its forces weight loss.

6 yes i agree with you, but not a four,
ELSHA

I have a 24inch waist and I take a 6. but then I am basically a cylinder. I suppose if someone with an hourglass figure had that waist size they could be bigger.
ELSHA

no, ive got a 25" waist and i'm a size 8 (but i usually wear 10s cause i like things looking baggy).

Latest

Trending

Trending