The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

How well equipped is the accomm?

Yeh I was just thinking (well actually more like my mum has been tearing her hair out, I'm far more relaxed abuout this problem) about what I'm going to need to be bringing in terms of kitchen things e.g. pots, pans, cutlery, kettle, toaster, etc. but I realise I don't actually know what the kitchens already come with, will there be a kettle? Who knows? Personally I've applied to Parkwood but I think in terms of furbishings the rooms should have the same across the board pretty much so could someone from the Uni already give me an idea of exactly how basic I'm going to be having to looking when it comes to bringing things, and if we do wanna bring a kettle what happens when end up with 6 kettles? :woo:
Reply 1
You don't need to bring kettles or toasters.

You will need a pot and a pan and cooking utensils.

You won't need a cutting board or a cutting knife, they are provided new in the kitchen every year (from what I can remember).

Dishes, cups and cutlery are provided. Whether you want to use them though is something else.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Faustus Fotherby
and if we do wanna bring a kettle what happens when end up with 6 kettles? :woo:

Hahaha i was stressing over that same thing, cept with toasters. then i found out and have mentioned somewhere else on here that we arent allowed to bring toasters, and there are none in the accommodation..
Reply 3
Where is this toaster myth coming from? There was most definetely a toaster in my accomodation, but then somebody did go out and buy it, but it was allowed. What probably is prohibited is having a personal toaster in your room.
Reply 4
Faustus Fotherby
Yeh I was just thinking (well actually more like my mum has been tearing her hair out, I'm far more relaxed abuout this problem) about what I'm going to need to be bringing in terms of kitchen things e.g. pots, pans, cutlery, kettle, toaster, etc. but I realise I don't actually know what the kitchens already come with, will there be a kettle? Who knows? Personally I've applied to Parkwood but I think in terms of furbishings the rooms should have the same across the board pretty much so could someone from the Uni already give me an idea of exactly how basic I'm going to be having to looking when it comes to bringing things, and if we do wanna bring a kettle what happens when end up with 6 kettles? :woo:

Do you not have a room yet? I spoke to the accom office this morning and they said they literally had no rooms anywhere on campus at the moment.
Reply 5
do the rooms have a mirror?
Reply 6
Aspect
Do you not have a room yet? I spoke to the accom office this morning and they said they literally had no rooms anywhere on campus at the moment.

what about clearing?
Reply 7
The rooms have small sqaure mirrors on the walls. Big enough to do your hair in.
Sorry sorry, I went on holiday for a week so didn't get round to answering questions!

Aspect

Yeh I do have a room but there doesn't appear to be a nice easy list of everything the place comes with so I was just asking on here :biggrin:

she
You don't need to bring kettles or toasters.

You will need a pot and a pan and cooking utensils.

You won't need a cutting board or a cutting knife, they are provided new in the kitchen every year (from what I can remember).

Dishes, cups and cutlery are provided. Whether you want to use them though is something else.

Tah muchly! :wink:
Reply 9
Reply 10
I didnt even see a cork board in mine (parkwood flats) or bf's (tyler A)..but on the webbie it says something like a 'notice board' is in the accomodation...

Latest

Trending

Trending