The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Immigrants...

...Right, got your attention...Have any people who've not gone through the normal route ie. International students etc. received any news with regards to their accomodation?

So far I've received a not so confidence inspiring letter saying that whilst they will attempt to offer accomodation to all first year students, this is not guaranteed. Although there are still some weeks left until the start of school, this kind of thing tends to make one rather worried.

Does anyone know if in past years there has been an issue of a shortage of accomodation for 1st years?
Clearings go straight to Darwin College, or at least did when I was there. It's catered. Once that is full, and it will get full, you will have to find a room elsewhere in Canterbury with some second/third year students.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
makeshiftwings
Clearings go straight to Darwin College, or at least did when I was there. It's catered. Once that is full, and it will get full, you will have to find a room elsewhere in Canterbury with some second/third year students.

Thanks
Darwin College is NOT catered....
Reply 4
I've applied for non-catered. It's not a tragedie if I end up in private accomodation in the town, but it would be nice to know as soon as possible either way.
Good luck for getting accommodation! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Kim08
Good luck for getting accommodation! :biggrin:

Accomodation seems in plenty enough supply in the town, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

Latest

Trending

Trending