The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why the hell d'you think?
poor question
Reply 2
It depends on a student's background. Quite a few universities will offer lower grades to people from "less well-off" schools. Also as far as I know, the AAB offers are usually only given to Arts applicants.
Reply 3
i thought it would be largely due to competition?

or perhaps the relevance of a larger number of A-level subjects i.e. in those where you can't study the subject at A-level, such as Medicine, so they want you to have at least 3A grades because more than one subject in directly relevant (Biology, Chemistry then the other science or art you did) whereas with Art subjects - history/english etc. you can study them at A level..so as long as you get an A in those your other subjects are less relevant?

just a theory.
Reply 4
DavidBrent
Why are some people offered AAA at A level at Oxford and others offered AAB?

depends on who they like better! :smile:
Reply 5
DavidBrent

And some AAAA :redface:
Reply 6
Drogue
And some AAAA :redface:

That depends.... the admission tutor at Q ueens collage, Cambridge, told us that the offer would be AAA, never higher than that, unless it's maths were they ask for STEP results as well.
Reply 7
kitsune
That depends.... the admission tutor at Q ueens collage, Cambridge, told us that the offer would be AAA, never higher than that, unless it's maths were they ask for STEP results as well.

They might well specify subjects if you're doing more than 3 A-levels, though, so you might not get any flexibility if you're looking for it.
Reply 8
DavidBrent

umm...depends on the college

Peterhouse cambridge only give out AAB offers

Christ's, cambridge often give out AAA + AEA distinction
DavidBrent

because admissions tutors prefer some candidates to others? also some colleges have a policy of given out easier offers; st anne's, for instance, have a tradition of given out AAB offers.
zip it123
umm...depends on the college

Peterhouse cambridge only give out AAB offers

Christ's, cambridge often give out AAA + AEA distinction

...but then they also give out a fair amount of EE offers.
Reply 11
magicalsausage
...but then they also give out a fair amount of EE offers.

yeh true...but the best applicants therfore apply to christ's - leaving ppl like me the chance of getting no offer or one with AEA
Reply 12
what is this whole AEA thing? i'm doing any AEA exams... they wont give you an offer including something you're not doing would they?
Reply 13
~pixie~
what is this whole AEA thing? i'm doing any AEA exams... they wont give you an offer including something you're not doing would they?

no they can and they may....but then agian sum1 like u will get an EE offer

PLEASE - ur record is amaizing
Reply 14
no they can and they may....

WAT?!?!?!?!? they can? but i'm not doing any AEA exams, i dont even know what they are! does that mean i have to get my school to enter me for them? eeeeeeeeeek!
Reply 15
~pixie~
WAT?!?!?!?!? they can? but i'm not doing any AEA exams, i dont even know what they are! does that mean i have to get my school to enter me for them? eeeeeeeeeek!

yrh but as i sed they wont ask u....U WILL GET AN EE OFFER....10*s, 4AS (near perfect module marks in economics) grade 8 music x 2!

lol
Reply 16
yrh but as i sed they wont ask u....U WILL GET AN EE OFFER....10*s, 4AS (near perfect module marks in economics) grade 8 music x 2!

lol

omg omg omg, ok, firstly quit with the ' you're gonna get an offer' thing, and secondly are you doing the AEA for economics? does that mean i have to? omg, i'm totally stressing out! do i need to prepare a lot for it? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Reply 17
~pixie~
omg omg omg, ok, firstly quit with the ' you're gonna get an offer' thing, and secondly are you doing the AEA for economics? does that mean i have to? omg, i'm totally stressing out! do i need to prepare a lot for it? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

im not doing it

unless they ask for it

and no - its jsut the a level course
Reply 18
ok. so i'm overeacting? so loads of people arent planning on doing it but if you're asked for it it's no big deal, right?

*heart rate starting to return to normal...*
Reply 19
~pixie~

Yeh what are the AEA and STEP exams?? I had never heard of them until TSR... Do lots of peeps do them alongside A-levels? Is it like part of IB? X

Latest

Trending

Trending