The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You mean Leicester?

You should probably correct that before someone on here has a go at you for 'bad spelling' lol
Reply 2
Adhavan
You mean Leicester?

You should probably correct that before someone on here has a go at you for 'bad spelling' lol

I thought we cant edit title...

I was typing in the dark
Reply 3
Yohoo, title has been corrected..welcome to my thread.
http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=78

According to that source, Leicester had a 9.6:1 applicants per place for the '08 cycle. Be careful of using this since it changes every year.

You've got to get to the point where you must understand that every medical school is going to be competitive. I say follow your heart. You'll have to end up going to the institutes you choose for a good five (or six) years so it's important that you're happy with every single choice you make.
Reply 5
!MEna
http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=78

According to that source, Leicester had a 9.6:1 applicants per place for the '08 cycle. Be careful of using this since it changes every year.

You've got to get to the point where you must understand that every medical school is going to be competitive. I say follow your heart. You'll have to end up going to the institutes you choose for a good five (or six) years so it's important that you're happy with every single choice you make.

I second that! All medical schools are competitive! But don't worry about the competition; just focus on making your application awesome!

Good luck! xxx
Reply 6
Just as competetive as any of your other choices, or any other medical school for that matter.
Reply 7
FizzyOrange
I second that! All medical schools are competitive! But don't worry about the competition; just focus on making your application awesome!

Good luck! xxx

I'd also really recommend actually visiting the place if you haven't already. I thought Leicester would be one of my main choices from the prospectus, but when I visited I just didn't take to the location at all.
No offence to Leicester-ers of course!
Reply 8
Its not competitive atall. They actually pay YOU to go there apparently.
scaryhair
I'd also really recommend actually visiting the place if you haven't already. I thought Leicester would be one of my main choices from the prospectus, but when I visited I just didn't take to the location at all.
No offence to Leicester-ers of course!

Not like the graveyard? :p:
sweetfloss
Not like the graveyard? :p:

:ninja:
Maybe not...
Reply 11
There is an excellent medical student society called LUSUMA. Med students are close at Leicester :smile:

http://www.lusuma.com/gallery.html

Edit: I haven't seen any Leicester medics on TSR? Am I only one?
Reply 12
On competitiveness, last year there were 1700 applications for 162 places on the 5-year course.
There are a few Leicester freshers. Miss Scarlett and one other is a regular on here.

:smile:
Reply 14
Oh dammit, she will kill me that I forget her :p: Who is the one other?
Like any other?

Btw it's Queen Mary...not Queen's Marry. If you want to be very correct, it's Barts and The London for Medicine anyway.

/Is annoyed that you've made a misnomer of his uni.
Reply 16
Democracy
Like any other?

Btw it's Queen Mary...not Queen's Marry. If you want to be very correct, it's Barts and The London for Medicine anyway.

/Is annoyed that you've made a misnomer of his uni.

Chill babes :rolleyes:
It's cool, we all call it "that east end dump" anyway :tongue:
apperently its requirments for entry are the lowest (not that its bad in any way) but even that is 5A*s, never heard of a non competitive med school in the uk
ThePenguinMafia
It's cool, we all call it "that east end dump" anyway :tongue:

And you go where, exactly? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending