The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
surrey are inviting for open day/interview before offer
Reply 41
computer (systems) engineering (pretty much in order of preference)

Cardiff
Essex
Reading
Hull
Portsmouth

although I haven't sent off my ucas yet.
Reply 42
York have started giving interviews.
laser
York have started giving interviews.

I'll expect to see you on the 15th :wink:
Reply 44
Bristol are giving out admission day offer things.
Reply 45
My bro has an admissions day at Bath and Bristol coming up....
Reply 46
got a york interview letter today for Dec 13th ! sucks that it takes me 3 hours+ to get there lol
Big_C.
Which uni's have started sending out comp sci offers and interviews so far?

i've had interview / admission day thingies from southampton, bath and york.
i've already been to the general open days for 4 of my choices, apart from york, since it is along way away.

does anybody know how big the groups are on admission days? because at some point you split up to have 1-to-1 interviews/chat, and what would you wear? anything you like, like on the general open days, or shirt and trousers?
Reply 48
alexsheppard11
i've had interview / admission day thingies from southampton, bath and york.
i've already been to the general open days for 4 of my choices, apart from york, since it is along way away.

does anybody know how big the groups are on admission days? because at some point you split up to have 1-to-1 interviews/chat, and what would you wear? anything you like, like on the general open days, or shirt and trousers?

yeah good question.. I think it would be just jeans and t-shirt on a normal admission day with informal interview like Southampton.. but York said it would be a "formal interview" so maybe not?
Reply 49
I wore a suit for my York open day, but felt like a prat because no-one else was... Wear jeans/t-shirt, or smart-casual.
fraddiz
yeah good question.. I think it would be just jeans and t-shirt on a normal admission day with informal interview like Southampton.. but York said it would be a "formal interview" so maybe not?

all mine involve some form of chat 1 to 1. i.e. an interview in disguise. i think i will go for jeans and casual shirt:smile:
Reply 51
Just go in some jeans and a nice shirt. Don't wear suits. Some places like Oxford specifically tell you not to wear a suit (well they told my mate's brother that when he applied and got called for interview)
Reply 52
Do they have more than one of these "informal" admissions days for places like Southampton?
Got an admissions day for Southampton on wednesday and an interview for Imperial on thursday. I'm abit more nervous about the Imperial interview I'm concerned that it'll be more technical. Has anyone already had an interview? If so what was it like?

Received an offer from Edinburgh last week - Buzzin
Reply 54
orionmoo
surrey are inviting for open day/interview before offer

:eek:
I'm applying for Surrey; when's your interview? I didn't think they would bother inviting anyone for Comp Sci :s-smilie:
Defcon
:eek:
I'm applying for Surrey; when's your interview? I didn't think they would bother inviting anyone for Comp Sci :s-smilie:

my friend applied there for comp sci and was invited to an interview day. he declined, and still got the offer:smile: :p:
Reply 56
alexsheppard11
my friend applied there for comp sci and was invited to an interview day. he declined, and still got the offer:smile: :p:

He declined? :O
Why did he do that lol...
Maybe if I apply a bit later I might be lucky enough not to get one :p:
Defcon
He declined? :O
Why did he do that lol...
Maybe if I apply a bit later I might be lucky enough not to get one :p:

he declined the interview day, not the offer.

he has already looked around there and it wasn't one of his main choices
Reply 58
I'm going 10th december to mine
Reply 59
MagicGopher
Received an offer from Edinburgh last week - Buzzin

When did you send your application off? I sent mine on the 11th of October and I have just had an acknowledgement from Edinburgh. It might take them longer to consider applications from outside the UK, I suppose.

Latest

Trending

Trending