The Student Room Group

Human sociology, maths, french or english A level?

Planning to enrol for part time A level courses not sure which, need to choose two, all i need to do is get to uni, I got a C in english at GCSE and a D in maths COULD HAVE DONE much better for maths but they gave me foundation paper due to attendance, which ones would you say were the most easy? I know a levels are hard but im having trouble choosing what to do, im not too fussed about the subject I just need UCAS points

Alevels: Maths English Human Biology French Spanish Italian German and AS Psychology
Reply 1
what grades did you get for biology/science and french?
Reply 2
human sociology is probably the easiest, though I haven't heard of many people doing it, I say it's easy because I hear sociology is easy, don't know how related those two are

don't do maths if you got a D at GCSE unless your ability has really increased or you were capable of nailing a B if not an A at least for GCSE

also, I hear french is a BIG step up from GCSE

English I don't know much about, sorry
Reply 3
english lang is meant to be easy. i wouldnt do a level maths or french if I were you.
Reply 4
You'll need to retake Maths GCSE as well as choosing two A-Levels. Because although some universities dont ask for a C in Maths, employers will, and you will find it very hard to get a job without it.
Reply 5
What do you want to do at university?

Also, you should definitely retake maths GCSE.
Reply 6
If you're looking for something easy that probably rules out languages
Reply 7
Well I got C in science and C in english, im thinking of doing english and psychology, hoping psychology will be easy or am i wrong?
Reply 8
I would do English and Psychology then. I've heard psychology can be quite difficult, but not as difficult as some of the other subjects you have listed.

Why are you only able to do Psychology AS Level anyway? It would probably be better if you got the full A Level.

How many points do you need?