The Student Room Group

Improving AS grades

So i got ABBC - was NOT very happ, Incredibly distraught actually!I'm dropping the subject i got an A for which is Drama and theatre studies and keeping the other three; English lit, Biology and Art history. Im retaking a number of papers, 4 to be precise but there is one subject that i'm not retaking and that is History of Art. I got a B in all 3 units, 2 of which were heavily weighted on coursewok and unfortunately i can't redo them. It's important that i get an A next year because im applying to top universities in America next september and although this subject isn't necessarily very academic it's still important i do well. Do you all think i can do it without retaking anything?

Im growing increasingly weary of whether it's even possible!
Can you give us your UMS marks per module? It'll be easier to tell you what's going on then.

I'm sure you know anyway that, since you need 480/600 for an A at A-level, it is theoretically possible to get an A at A-level without resitting anything if you have a C or higher at AS. But I really wouldn't recommend betting on it!
It is possible to boost your grades and get higher, but I'd really suggest you retake one module from each subject that you want to get up to an A.

Most people boost their retakes by a good few grades, especially with all the new A2 knowledge under their belt and the extra practice that A2 gives at the subject. Even without a great deal of revision there is a chance you would improve your grade so its worth taking the paper again.
Reply 3
i got 68 in one module (coursework art book)
69 in another (coursework art book)

and a few marks of 120 for the examination (practical and written) so i got an A for that part however in my official letter they made a mistake i wont know what the actual number was until i get to school.

Latest