The Student Room Group

AH Biology materials?

Hi,
I was sort of dropped into the deep end of AH biology earlier this week. The course will mostly be self-taught.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any resources (course notes, mostly) that are comprehensive yet more focused than Scholar. The wherewithal to assess my knowledge and understanding as I progress through the course would be nice also. Do such materials exist?

Finally, how comprehensive is the student monograph provided by L&T Scotland? To what extent would supplementary resources be required?
Thanks!
Reply 1
My teachers have said that the monograph is much more detailed than the scholar notes - they seem to be happy with it!
Reply 2
In my opinion the scholar is waaay more detailed than the monographs however on the whole I think the monographs are better because they just provide you with what you need to know rather than going into extra detail like scholar does
I think the Scholar book and Monograph are great when you use both. The monograph goes into a lot lot more detail than Scholar. But Scholar is good as it's much more brief and the points you need to know are there.

And the Scholar website is just pure terrible. :yep:
Reply 4
Are we referring to the same monograph here (Learning and Teaching Scotland, available from NQ Online)? The Scholar notes are clearly more detailed, far from brief. The problem is, they often omit essential pieces of information and describe, in painstaking detail, concepts that aren't in the arrangements.

Latest

Trending

Trending