The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Holy F*ck! Everyone's getting LSE offers!

You've scared the crap out of me!
Reply 21
london_bum
I was so sure I was going to be rejected too. I could picture the little orange 'Unsuccessful' sitting there...but thankfully it's not.

I screamed when I saw mine. A nice loud, powerful, satisfying lung scream. I'm well pleased. :biggrin:

Btw, so far I know 3 ppl (including me) with offers, 1 with rejection, 1 with shortlist, and will soon find out tomorrow if there are any more replies.

i screamed too! :smile:
I was all prepared to be made to wait till April, very considerate of them to give us some offers to take our minds off oxbridge replies!

AAA, ex GS

Emily x
Reply 22
i HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING. NOT FROM BRISTOL BIRMHAM OR LSE. IS THAT A REASN TO BE WORRIED. GOT GOOD GCSES AS AND STATEMENTS. SO WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???
Reply 23
When did you get your UCAS form processed? Either way, dont worry abou it, i havent heard anything from LSE yet. Most of the people dont hear from LSE till after Christmas.
Reply 24
for those of you who have recieved offers, what were your gcse's and as-levels like? thanks & congrats
Reply 25
Leifde
for those of you who have recieved offers, what were your gcse's and as-levels like? thanks & congrats

ive got 10a*s at gcse - got AAA offer form LSE for L101 (economics).

to be getting an early offer from lse you need to have top grades
Reply 26
zip it123

not necessarily - im on 5xA* 6xA at GCSE and predicted AAAA, so there is some flexibility.

What most surprised me is that I goto an independent school, which I though LSE greatly discriminated against. Perhaps they are setting a precedent this year and taking more from the private sector? Who knows?

So pleased to have an offer though

Tom
zip it123

you really do have your head right up your ass.. I thought it was a act, but my my .. talk about stuck up!
hows that been stuck up

he/she does have top grades
Reply 29
and its "an" act

i think you would be stupid to class 11x A* as anything but "top grades", unless you can, of course, do any better.

Tom
Reply 30
tomlegge
and its "an" act

i think you would be stupid to class 11x A* as anything but "top grades", unless you can, of course, do any better.

Tom

lol cheerz

wot course u applying for?

might see u at lse next year!
Reply 31
zip it123

I did nowhere near as well as you have- 2 A*s 7 As 1 B at GCSE. AAAA (excl Gen studies) at A level. But I got an offer for Government- not as competitive as Law but still I am very pleased and somewhat surprised. :biggrin:

Usman Psycho- you do need top grades and if you have that and a good overall application then you will get an early offer. Personally I think Zip it123 can feel that they are pretty good applicants. :p:
Reply 32
Arcadia
I did nowhere near as well as you have- 2 A*s 7 As 1 B at GCSE. AAAA (excl Gen studies) at A level. But I got an offer for Government- not as competitive as Law but still I am very pleased and somewhat surprised. :biggrin:

Usman Psycho- you do need top grades and if you have that and a good overall application then you will get an early offer. Personally I think Zip it123 can feel that they are pretty good applicants. :p:

but if u goto an average skl - 2A*s 7A's is eqivelent to around 5A*s 5As at a top school (so u do have top grades)
zip it123
but if u goto an average skl - 2A*s 7A's is eqivelent to around 5A*s 5As at a top school (so u do have top grades)

yeah but how unis supposed to find out which are average and which are top - they wudnt have the time
NEWUSERNAME
yeah but how unis supposed to find out which are average and which are top - they wudnt have the time

they can (and they do).
Reply 35
mobb_theprequel
they can (and they do).

yeh exactly...they DO have the time...why do u think it takes them on average two months between when they recieve ur applciationand when they give u an outcome
Reply 36
zip it123

That's interesting you say that, as whenever that arguement is used normally those who attend top schools say that that isn't the case and that it devalues their own efforts.

Did you get those grades at a top school? I attend a top comprehensive now where most people got somewhere in the region of 5 A*s 5As, but for my GCSEs I attended a poor performing 'bog standard', where only 98% of people left with one GCSE at A*-G! So I think that there may be some truth in what you are saying.

As I said before they take into consideration the whole of your application- grades, school, ps, gender, region -particularly LSE who want a mix of nationalities and people from across the UK. Sometimes there is positive discrimination, other times this stuff is irrelevant. Who knows what these people think?! :smile:
Reply 37
Arcadia
That's interesting you say that, as whenever that arguement is used normally those who attend top schools say that that isn't the case and that it devalues their own efforts.

Did you get those grades at a top school? I attend a top comprehensive now where most people got somewhere in the region of 5 A*s 5As, but for my GCSEs I attended a poor performing 'bog standard', where only 98% of people left with one GCSE at A*-G! So I think that there may be some truth in what you are saying.

As I said before they take into consideration the whole of your application- grades, school, ps, gender, region -particularly LSE who want a mix of nationalities and people from across the UK. Sometimes there is positive discrimination, other times this stuff is irrelevant. Who knows what these people think?! :smile:

i goto a top independednt school.

However i am not so 'up my own arse' as that 'usman - the arab' sed.

The thing is i got 10A*s and i strongly beleive i would have got that wherever i went...cos i am willing to put the hard work in

But when u get to around 5-6A*s a lot of ppl got that in my year. If these same ppl had been in a poorer skl...then they WOULD definately have got lower grades.
zip it123
i goto a top independednt school.

However i am not so 'up my own arse' as that 'usman - the arab' sed.

The thing is i got 10A*s and i strongly beleive i would have got that wherever i went...cos i am willing to put the hard work in

But when u get to around 5-6A*s a lot of ppl got that in my year. If these same ppl had been in a poorer skl...then they WOULD definately have got lower grades.

Usman's just jealous cos you got amazing grades and at the end of the day your the one with the LSE offer and not him, so you should be proud.
Reply 39
john williams
Usman's just jealous cos you got amazing grades and at the end of the day your the one with the LSE offer and not him, so you should be proud.

yeh to be honest i dont really give a :xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas: wot ne1 thinks lol

Latest

Trending

Trending