The Student Room Group

15 minutes to pick...

Ok, so I got;

Business Studies
ICT (Double Award)
Photography

I've got about 15 minutes before I leave to go to college to finalize my programme of study.. I'm still wondering wheither I should take A Level Media Studies? Is the workload alot? Or are any of my other subjects not as much of a workload? I know Photography has a fair bit of coursework, and ICT your doing it for 2 years constantly little-by-little.. How about Business?

Basicly; I have 4 AS technically chosen as ICT is double, but should I take this 5th AS; Media Studies..? Or will it just kill my time..?

Thanks!
Reply 1
never think media studies is a good idea!
Reply 2
i would take maths if you're up for the challenge as otherwise your A-level choices look a bit weak, providing you want to get into the top 15 Unis that is.
Reply 3
miranda7719
never think media studies is a good idea!

How come? I find it interesting, never took it at GCSE as it seemed stupidly easy and boring.. But as A Level it seems more advanced and interesting, such as advanced video editing programs, graphics packages, other and better media forms and more freedom with the work.. So I hear. :p:

What do you suggest? Except Maths and English. :woo:

-EDIT-
Right now I'm not all that for University as I don't have a clue what I'd want to take, something to do with ICT at least.. Maybe graphics design, or a more practical/technical course with computers..

But I really can't do Maths.. :frown:
Reply 4
4 is good. Do media studies if you want to. As long as it doesn't bring down your othe subject grades. Used your own judgement.
well if not maths or english how about a science? humanity? What do you want to do at uni? The subjets you are doing all seem a bit 'weak'.
Reply 6
Media studies may go well with photography, but does suffer from the charge of being a "flakey" non-challenging subject.
Reply 7
I don't know if I even want to go to uni, but if I did.. It wouldn't be anything Maths/English related.. I'd do something such as Graphics Design or a practical/technical computer course..
Sparxy
I don't know if I even want to go to uni, but if I did.. It wouldn't be anything Maths/English related.. I'd do something such as Graphics Design or a practical/technical computer course..

if its graphics design then you will need a DT or/and Art. For a computer course sometimes they like a maths as well as ICT or sometimes a science.
Reply 9
ecokid
i would take maths if you're up for the challenge as otherwise your A-level choices look a bit weak, providing you want to get into the top 15 Unis that is.

:ditto: I would do maths to make it a bit more stronger for unis when you apply
Reply 10
Your best choice is to sign up to either Design/tec or Art then. As both are considered decent subjects for practical/creative uni courses - whilst also being pratical if you decide not to take that direction.
Reply 11
What did you pick?!
indie_couture
well if not maths or english how about a science? humanity? What do you want to do at uni? The subjets you are doing all seem a bit 'weak'.

The OP may not want/need strong subjects for the course he wants to do in the future.

Latest