The Student Room Group
Yes.

Working in a pharmacy or some sort of pathology laboratory or with Glaxo, etc.
Reply 2
You are more likely to get a pharmacy placement than you are something with GSK or the other big pharmaceutical companies. If you want to do something rewarding and long term over the summer then it may be worth looking at summer lab work, Nuffield do stuff like this to encourage people to take up research.

Though, if you don't get much or any work experience do not worry - i know loads of people who are doing pharmacology and didn't have any work experience. If you look like your interested in an interview, and can talk about something and make it seem like you know what you're talking about then you will be fine in an interview.
Reply 3
Thanks. I might try and organise some ... hopefully I'm not too late. By the way, would working in a pharmacy indicate that you are more interested in pharmacy than pharmacology? Or this is not the case because they are similar-ish?

Another question (sorry): After qualifying as a pharmacologist, is a lot of travel abroad involved? I am not to fond of aeroplanes!

Latest

Trending

Trending