The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does it make an actual difference? Are we just discussing which one sounds/looks better, or would this decision make a difference to your career?

If we're just discussing which one sounds cooler, then I'd go for London, cause I'd just prefer a University of London qualification.
I say UCL since it has both the (Lond) and (UCL) in the name! :p:
Reply 3
!MEna
I say UCL since it has both the (Lond) and (UCL) in the name! :p:

Yeah, and London Met has London in the name too :wink:
No it makes no difference in terms of career or anything. It's purely an aesthetic thing.
2nd one
looks like you've done more
Reply 6
Change your name to something less pretentious like Colin or Dave, and forget the letters after it.
Spencer Wells
No it makes no difference in terms of career or anything. It's purely an aesthetic thing.

For what? When you get you headed notepaper as a consultant? How ridiculous. Also I thought it was form to use either the (Hons) or the (Lond) after a degree, not both and I also though that you should really use the full (London) as there it is not a Latin abbreviation like Oxon, Cantab, Exon, Ebor, etc.
rbilling
Change your name to something less pretentious like Colin or Dave, and forget the letters after it.

"Spencer Wells" is not my actual name.
Reply 9
rbilling

You win.
ChemistBoy
For what? When you get you headed notepaper as a consultant? How ridiculous. Also I thought it was form to use either the (Hons) or the (Lond) after a degree, not both and I also though that you should really use the full (London) as there it is not a Latin abbreviation like Oxon, Cantab, Exon, Ebor, etc.

"Lond" not "London" is correct.
It's not for any real reason, this thread is meant to be light-hearted.
Reply 11
Spencer Wells
"Spencer Wells" is not my actual name.

You are still guaranteed to have a pretentious name if you're worrying about this.
rbilling
You are still guaranteed to have a pretentious name if you're worrying about this.

Not worrying about it, it's just a bit of fun.
My name is Nick (as you can see in my signature).
rbilling

:rolleyes:

ChemistBoy

and I also though that you should really use the full (London) as there it is not a Latin abbreviation like Oxon, Cantab, Exon, Ebor, etc.

Surely short for londoniensis?

Spencer Wells

Ah, of course. In that case, still going with London :yes:

Though having said that, I hope you're not actually going to decide either way on the basis of this poll :p:
Democracy
I hope you're not actually going to decide either way on the basis of this poll :p:

'Course not.
I say UCL! how come your 1st bsc is (lond) on not ucl
maze.e
I say UCL! how come your 1st bsc is (lond) on not ucl

Because I did my BSc in 2006 and (UCL) degrees weren't available until 2008.
Women are more likely to shag you if you go with the second one.
Spencer Wells BSc(Hons)(Lond) MBBS(UCL).. definately this one :yep: :smile:
UCL all the way

Latest

Trending

Trending