The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

What does the welcome pack actually have in it? Just your Kent ID number?

Because I've been waiting on it for the past few days and if it doesn't arrive today, I might aswell enrol without it. Only reason I haven't enrolled is because I thought I'd need some stuff from the pack..

On a side note, I got in through clearing, but as soon as I enrol, should I just apply for accomodation too? I've heard they've got little to no places right now, but I suppose it's worth a shot..?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
I still haven't received mine yet, and I got in through the normal route back on the 19th! I phoned them up and they said it had been processed on Monday, so it should be soon. Your Kent ID number, as far as i'm aware is your UCAS application number without the last digit.

http://www.kent.ac.uk/gettingstarted/pdf/Getting%20Started_08-09.pdf

^That's what comes in the welcome pack, along with your confirmation letter from Kent itself.
Reply 22
can i ask did any enrol without uploading a pic because i haven't got a pic with a plain white background on my pc i have passport pohtos but i don't have a scanner!
jus-mi
can i ask did any enrol without uploading a pic because i haven't got a pic with a plain white background on my pc i have passport pohtos but i don't have a scanner!

I didn't I just sent a picture (a passport photo) to the address that was in the pack.
Whilst we're on the subject, has anyone had trouble signing in to their Kent IT account?

I was able to access it in order to choose my modules, but now I can't seem to get on to it anymore. Just to recap, your IT account is accessed by the username and password that you choose yourself, isn't it? It's not the intials/number code that they give you when you enrol?

Oh, and by the way...how do you access your Kent e-mail account?

I know I sound really green with the whole e-mail thing, but I've always used hotmail and as result, I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to standard e-mail. :no:
Reply 25
Saruken
It's not the intials/number code that they give you when you enrol?

Actually it is the initials/numbers code.
Missy67
Actually it is the initials/numbers code.

Oh, right. So my username is the initials/number code, and the password is ...my student ID?
Reply 27
Saruken
Oh, right. So my username is the initials/number code, and the password is ...my student ID?

I think it should've asked you to choose one. Mine is one of my regular passwords.
OK. Thanks for that. :wink:
Reply 29
Saruken

Oh, and by the way...how do you access your Kent e-mail account?

I know I sound really green with the whole e-mail thing, but I've always used hotmail and as result, I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to standard e-mail. :no:

https://kentmail.kent.ac.uk/uwc/auth

use your IT account to log in :-)
Reply 30
[QUOTE='[TuckingFypo]']What does the welcome pack actually have in it? Just your Kent ID number?

Because I've been waiting on it for the past few days and if it doesn't arrive today, I might aswell enrol without it. Only reason I haven't enrolled is because I thought I'd need some stuff from the pack..

On a side note, I got in through clearing, but as soon as I enrol, should I just apply for accomodation too? I've heard they've got little to no places right now, but I suppose it's worth a shot..?

As you got in through clearing, you might not have been processed onto the Kent system yet - worth a shot though maybe? I don't think theres really a rush to enroll - there isn't any pros to enrolling super early.

As for accom though, you should apply right away. clicky (I'm assuming you're going to Uni of Kent Canterbury campus)

EDIT: You should apply because even though you might be coming from far away, they might make an assumption you're making your own plans for off-campus accomodation. They need to know your requesting campus accomodation, even if they're having trouble finding you some.

Latest

Trending

Trending