The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Creative
What did you apply for? The royal suite? :biggrin:

LOL, no royal suite but 5 single rooms. One of them is ensuite. But I didn't know they can allocate people into double rooms. :frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
They might as well have just done away with the application forms, and randomly allocate people to rooms.
Reply 82
sunspoon
They might as well have just done away with the application forms, and randomly allocate people to rooms.

It really caught me by surprise. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reading the Wardens letter for Fisher Hall is making me feel much better:

"there are no storage facilities for bicycles inside Fisher Hall." "bikes are not covered by the insurance policy" "bikes are not covered by the insurance policy" "Expensive electronic equipment may not be adequately covered by college insurance" "we have very strict rules regarding noise in hall" "Please do not bring hi-fi systems with you. You are also advised to leave behind any sound systems which come bundled with PCs." "No electrical cooking devices are allowed in your bedroom." "Space: Please remember that you will only have a very limited amount of storage space in your room, so only bring essentials."

I'm sure most of this isn't hall specific, but this guy sure knows how to make you excited to get there.
schrodinger's cat
Reading the Wardens letter for Fisher Hall is making me feel much better:

"there are no storage facilities for bicycles inside Fisher Hall." "bikes are not covered by the insurance policy" "bikes are not covered by the insurance policy" "Expensive electronic equipment may not be adequately covered by college insurance" "we have very strict rules regarding noise in hall" "Please do not bring hi-fi systems with you. You are also advised to leave behind any sound systems which come bundled with PCs." "No electrical cooking devices are allowed in your bedroom." "Space: Please remember that you will only have a very limited amount of storage space in your room, so only bring essentials."

I'm sure most of this isn't hall specific, but this guy sure knows how to make you excited to get there.

Hehe, the one for Bernard Sunley says "There are bike anchors outside, but bikes are often stolen from here"

Other than that it all sounds good :biggrin:
Reply 85
Hell no. I wanted to get a bike to compensate Fisher and they have no storage for bikes. Just great.
I agree about the common room it doesn't look too good. I just hope they decided not to show twin-room because it's so awful. It was my last choice.
Maybe at least I'll get a good room mate.
ergie
Hell no. I wanted to get a bike to compensate Fisher and they have no storage for bikes. Just great.
I agree about the common room it doesn't look too good. I just hope they decided not to show twin-room because it's so awful. It was my last choice.
Maybe at least I'll get a good room mate.

To be fair, i was cutting it to make it look as bad as possible:

"Bicycles: Unfortunately there are no storage facilities for bicycles inside Fisher Hall. Bikes are usually left on designated outdoor railings specifically supplied by the Borough for this purpose. Bikes left on other railings will be removed and you are not allowed to keep a bicycle in your room or in corridors. We strongly recommend that you obtain separate bicycle insurance, and purchase a robust lock, as bikes are not covered by the insurance policy arranged for hall residents by Imperial College London.£

It was my last choice too, but from what i remember our choices wern't actually numbered.
Reply 87
So maybe I'll get one.

True but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the order. Well, I got no choice and I'll have to live with it. It's only for a year.
Doesn't look like I'm off to Southwell :<
To be honest mate I think you'll end up sharing... society likes to stick all the mad people in a corner and forget about them.

I mean, biology! What were you thinking? ;D
Reply 90
Anyone still doesn't have any news about their accommodation yet?? All this talk makes me very nervous and anxious!!
schrodinger's cat
To be fair, i was cutting it to make it look as bad as possible:
"Bicycles: Unfortunately there are no storage facilities for bicycles inside Fisher Hall. Bikes are usually left on designated outdoor railings specifically supplied by the Borough for this purpose. Bikes left on other railings will be removed and you are not allowed to keep a bicycle in your room or in corridors. We strongly recommend that you obtain separate bicycle insurance, and purchase a robust lock, as bikes are not covered by the insurance policy arranged for hall residents by Imperial College London.£

I got willi jackson and i dont think we r too far apart. I remember there's a very close bus stop near to our halls. Isn't that one of the option too?
Coz i m thinking whether i should get a bicycle or not.
studyboy
Anyone still doesn't have any news about their accommodation yet?? All this talk makes me very nervous and anxious!!

No news is probably good news - it seems no one has been assigned Beit or Southside yet.

GoinSideway
I got willi jackson and i dont think we r too far apart. I remember there's a very close bus stop near to our halls. Isn't that one of the option too?
Coz i m thinking whether i should get a bicycle or not.

Yeh i doubt it's too far from a bus stop, it never is in London. I'm not actually much of a bike person myself anyway. Id far prefer to be near the tube. It looks like it is a decent walk to the tube; not far enough to rule out the possibility of using the tube, but far enough away for it to be annoying.
Reply 93
Holbein Hall, twin room. :|
nahh... just like taking the piss out of naff subjects :P
Reply 95
schrodinger's cat
No news is probably good news - it seems no one has been assigned Beit or Southside yet.

I applied to neither, that's why I am worried. I just have to be positive I guess!
studyboy
I applied to neither, that's why I am worried. I just have to be positive I guess!

:confused: Fair enough then, god knows how they work.

If you do get a single at either of those, i'll switch with you :p:
I got a Single Standard in Southwell Hall... seems to be quite small as only 150ish people lives in it... and there are already 4-5 people on this post who has been allocated there... seems a bit far to the South Kensington camps as well though... is anyone going to Southwell getting a bike?
Reply 98
schrodinger's cat
:confused: Fair enough then, god knows how they work.

:laugh: Lets see how it goes! :p:
schrodinger's cat

Come on Fisher can't be that bad. I just got accepted there and your making me worried. :no:

Latest

Trending

Trending