The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

piece_by_piece
I'm thinking of applying to Birmingham as one of my choices, but I do Psychology. I've heard something about them not liking Psychology, is this correct? If so, I think I'll just scrap that idea!

Well it would be my fourth subject, with Chemistry, Biology and English Lit being my three main subjects. I heard psychology was disliked also, but there can't be any harm in that, can they with the other three? To be honest, I can't be bothered with philosophy, so I might just end up taking psychology anyway.
Failed123
Well it would be my fourth subject, with Chemistry, Biology and English Lit being my three main subjects. I heard psychology was disliked also, but there can't be any harm in that, can they with the other three? To be honest, I can't be bothered with philosophy, so I might just end up taking psychology anyway.

I don't really know!
Reply 182
Generally as a rule of the thumb universities completely dismiss the General Studies AS/A2 qualification in regards to medical school. I have read this entire thread and I have seen some very intelligent people posting in here however I must strongly advise against people doing the three main sciences, biology, chemistry & physics as well as maths (statistics/mechanics) as some universities frown upon this, especially the one right here in my capital, Cardiff.
It is highly recommended that you show skills other than maths & science when choosing your AS/A2 levels and even if you drop the non-science subject after AS it shows that you have a uniqueness and differentiates you from the crowd! Before we have another psychology poster in here :p: Psychology is a recognised qualification by medical schools and will be treated as any other AS/A2 level assuming that you have chemistry and biology to back it up too!
I'm in Scotland so not Highers and Advanced Highers, not A-levels.

This year I'm doing all highers:
Maths
English
Biology
Chemistry
French

And next year I'm hoping to do:
Advanced Higher Maths
Advanced Higher Biology
Advanced Higher Chemistry
Higher Physics
Chris_Hai
Generally as a rule of the thumb universities completely dismiss the General Studies AS/A2 qualification in regards to medical school. I have read this entire thread and I have seen some very intelligent people posting in here however I must strongly advise against people doing the three main sciences, biology, chemistry & physics as well as maths (statistics/mechanics) as some universities frown upon this, especially the one right here in my capital, Cardiff.
It is highly recommended that you show skills other than maths & science when choosing your AS/A2 levels and even if you drop the non-science subject after AS it shows that you have a uniqueness and differentiates you from the crowd! Before we have another psychology poster in here :p: Psychology is a recognised qualification by medical schools and will be treated as any other AS/A2 level assuming that you have chemistry and biology to back it up too!

Cambridge don't frown upon 3 sciences and maths :nah:

Latest

Trending

Trending