Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i got mine this morning too :smile: court 8 apartment 6
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
how does it work, like is a court one building and the higher the appartment number the higher up you are?
Reply 3
Got mine this morning too!

Court 1
Apartment 3
Reply 4
ThirdLion
how does it work, like is a court one building and the higher the appartment number the higher up you are?

Sort of but say your court and apartment number and someone will be able to tell you

cherry_sam
Got mine this morning too!

Court 1
Apartment 3

You have the oldest building and the furthest away, think your on the ground floor which is better as higher you are the louder the trains are.

Preety much courts 6 to 17 you don't hear much of the trains due to the embankment and road, but the others you don't really have that im sorry to say.

And the trains run at all times of the night
Reply 5
lambzy

You have the oldest building and the furthest away, think your on the ground floor which is better as higher you are the louder the trains are.

Preety much courts 6 to 17 you don't hear much of the trains due to the embankment and road, but the others you don't really have that im sorry to say.

And the trains run at all times of the night

And here was me thinking Court 1 would be closest :s-smilie: Oh well, is old good? I think I might be alright with the trains, noise helps me sleep, weird but oh well.
Can't do anything about it now though so no worries.:woo:
Reply 6
court 4, apt 11 lambzy, any ideas?

ta
Reply 7
I was in Court 1 Apartment 3 last year wooooooooooooooooo.

Its on the second floor:biggrin:

Court 4 No 11 I think your on the second...third floor?
Reply 8
Court 1
Apartment 9
:mad:
dont like the sound of trains :frown:
Reply 9
Good job you're not in the pavilions then, feels like a mini-earthquake everytime one of those freight trains goes past :p:
Reply 10
ThirdLion
court 4, apt 11 lambzy, any ideas?

ta

Your still in the older buildings, but don't think you'll hear the trains as much. not much difference in the layout of the buildings, just the fact there older and have more problems....

saying that i was in 15, one of the later buildings and we had massive water damage in our hall way. you couls see the water running down the walls when ppl upstairs would go for a shower
Reply 11
hey i got mine
court 2 apartment 2
i think its ground floor, which is just typical cos i asked to not be on ground floor aaarrgghh!!
Reply 12
also, did some of the buildings get renovated??
im going to take a nosey down there later and try have a look at my room through the window lol
Reply 13
when they say renovated they mean they have put a fresh coat of paint on the walls...

for the money they charge you'd think it would be a nice place unfortunatly there about as good as homeless shelter
Reply 14
sounds terrible
Reply 15
to be honest the amount of time you spend in you're room, is it really worth worrying about what it looks like?

You either sit at your desk at night working which then its dark, or you wake up and go out haha. So i'm not worrying about it too much.
Reply 16
James_Perrott
to be honest the amount of time you spend in you're room, is it really worth worrying about what it looks like?

You either sit at your desk at night working which then its dark, or you wake up and go out haha. So i'm not worrying about it too much.

Thats excatly the mentality you need to live in courts lol.

although it does sound bad its a brilliant experiance and you'll meet alot of your mates there, i know i did.

i know you can do the same else where but elsewhere has ppl in other years etc and you will meet less freshers in the same boat.
Reply 17
I know by reading the apartment agreements that if you dont like your room they will move you to somewhere else for free once... then it costs £50
Reply 18
There all the same type of rooms, thats generally incase you can't get on with the ppl you live with. not little arguments like fighting and stuff like that. then you can be moved.
Reply 19
cherry_sam
And here was me thinking Court 1 would be closest :s-smilie: Oh well, is old good? I think I might be alright with the trains, noise helps me sleep, weird but oh well.
Can't do anything about it now though so no worries.:woo:

Court 1 is fine, the rooms are bigger than court 5-12 anyways! Same size as court 13-17, although towards the end of the year a builders yard popped up next to the courts at that end (infront of court 1) and it got a bit noisey at times!
Just throw stuff at them haha!:biggrin:

Latest