The Student Room Group
I would hope you have something more relevant to say than that. How relevant is acting to music? Don't forget they are far more interested in your academic qualifications than seeing a list of extracurricular things you have done.
Reply 2
Who didn't have a lead role in a year 6 play? Oh wait, my school only had 50 students. :biggrin:
elphie_glinda
Hi,

I wondered how far back I should go with experience&acheivements when writing my personal statement - is saying I had a lead role in my year 6 play relevant? I want to apply to do music.

You could put that you have a longstanding interest in performing - then use that as an example. Presumably in a music degree they want confident performers?
I wouldnt go further back than say 3 or 4 years as beyond that it is just too irrelevant and not up to date.
Lead role in a Year 6 play is nothing to a music admissions tutor. At the end of the day, you were a child then and you arn't anymore so you need to come up with more in depth justifications for why you want to study your subject.
Reply 5
I do have other things apart from that! I just wondered if I should mention anything I did before secondary school or is that going too far back to be relevant?
I played the part of Reject Snowflake in my year 4 christmas play but didn't think it'd send the right impression so didn't include it...

Latest

Trending

Trending