The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

haha i thought that aswel was confused

I bought the freshers ball and intro party joint ticket this morning =] apparently it sells out fast so thought i would get them now!! =D
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I think thats hell of a lot of money for what will probably just be a typical sort of club night? Think I might go somewhere in town that night.
Reply 3
what. what is this?! i've never heard of it? is it on the website somewhere?
okokok
what. what is this?! i've never heard of it? is it on the website somewhere?

Its in the welcome pack, they have a mini pack from the student union! And they have a guide on all the freshers events ^^ and one of them is the Intro Party which is one of the first events at the Union and has the Vengaboys and Babyshambles playing!! And then the freshers ball which is at the beginning of october and The Hoosiers are going to be playing!!
You can get tickets from www.leedstickets.com =D

xxxx
Reply 5
^... oh, I still haven't heard from the university -_-

No welcome pack and no department pack.
Reply 6
okokok
^... oh, I still haven't heard from the university -_-

No welcome pack and no department pack.

No welcome pack, one department pack. Which was pretty useless :frown:
I'd like to know what's included in our accommodation... so we have an idea of what to bring!
Reply 8
^^ same :smile: x
Reply 9
Ohh didn't realise the Vengaboys were playing! Count me in then lol!
splorgie
I'd like to know what's included in our accommodation... so we have an idea of what to bring!

Included in your accommodation? As in what? Not much is included, lol. In your room you tend to get a bin, a mattress, curtains... then fridge, freezer and usually a kettle in the kitchen... ironing board, hoover and if you're lucky an iron... and a dustpan and brush... that's pretty much it.
Reply 11
Intro party is awesome, go there.

Go to the union on the night of the 21st as well, it will be packed with freshers, it's quality. Great way to meet loads of new people.
£8 for the intro party isn't too bad, most of the clubs in town will be £5 or so at least

I think the union kind of stuff is fun to do when you first get there and are a fresher, its where most other people from halls will go, the union is a bit cramped and sweaty so don't expect to be able to have too many interesting conversations with new people while you are in there but if you want to have a dance its ok. Before long everybody becomes too "cool" for the union stuff and will start doing things in town!
Reply 13
Is the intro party worth it?

I'm not looking forward to these social events since huge crowds of loud, drunk students and I don't mix haha. It doesn't help that I'm claustrophobic D:

I'm planning on going to the freshers ball though... but I'm not sure about the intro party.
okokok
I'm planning on going to the freshers ball though... but I'm not sure about the intro party.

Ditto. i'm just more into Hoosier type music than big club style music :biggrin:
Reply 15
I've bought my ticket :smile:
It says matt willis is doing a dj set :ninja:
Reply 16
The intro party appeals more to me than the freshers ball. If I go to freshers ball it'd be for the experiance and the fun fair than the music. At least it's fairly cheap - £22 for both parties when I think Sheffields is about £30 just for the ball :eek:
Reply 17
I bought my freshers ball and intro ticket today too :smile: very excited now :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Leonheart &#12472
Its in the welcome pack, they have a mini pack from the student union! And they have a guide on all the freshers events ^^ and one of them is the Intro Party which is one of the first events at the Union and has the Vengaboys and Babyshambles playing!! And then the freshers ball which is at the beginning of october and The Hoosiers are going to be playing!!
You can get tickets from www.leedstickets.com =D

xxxx

It's only a DJ set.
And to answer the date quiery, it's a typo, most people don't move in until the 20th.
okokok
Is the intro party worth it?

I'm not looking forward to these social events since huge crowds of loud, drunk students and I don't mix haha. It doesn't help that I'm claustrophobic D:

if you aren't into huge crowds of loud, drunk students then give things like the intro party a mix, the first few weeks of term most things are going to be like this to be honest but it settles down after that, if you prefer chilling out in a quieter environment in a bar or going to watch music or whatever you will soon find the places for that

Latest