The Student Room Group

Help choosing AS Levels...

I recently got my GCSE results ( i missed results day as i was in Italy) and i didnt get the results i was expecting. I didnt do badly, i just expected different results. :s-smilie:
I got :
4 B's: History, Economics, English Lang and Add Science
5 A's: Spanish, French, ICT, Maths and Core Science
1 A*: English Lit

I was really really happy with Spanish, as i took it as a subject in year 10 having had no previous with it. I was conversely dissapointed with Economics and history, both i was targeted A's in.
Before the results, i was think about a career in medicine, however, after seeing these results, im not sure what to do.
I was thinking about taking these:
History (AS only)
Economics
Chemistry
Biology.
Reply 1
if you want a career in medicine, you will need chemistry. how set are you on doing medicine?

EDIT: sorry, ignore this! wasn't reading your post properly! yh, that looks fine
Reply 2
I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as you put the effort in in 6th form and get good grades at AS, as this is what interviewers are more interested in!
Reply 3
Sorry, i didnt make it clear in my last post that i WAS thinking about taking those, but after my results I'm not too sure.:no:
Take them, you'll be fine! I got a B in GCSE Geography and just achieved a B at AS level too :smile:
Reply 5
Jaffdude
Sorry, i didnt make it clear in my last post that i WAS thinking about taking those, but after my results I'm not too sure.:no:

You got an A grade in core science which is the most important thing, and your GCSE grades are otherwise good. You will be fine to apply to medicine if you want to. Make sure you do Chemistry and ideally Biology A-levels (though ity's not compulsory) and sort out the usual pre-requisites; work experience, references and the A grades at AS-level.
Reply 6
I know, but do i really want to study that? I mean I'm def studying Economics cos i love it but im not sure about all the others now. Should i persue a career that i might not be as good at when compared to languages?:s-smilie:

Latest