The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DJkG.1
Hi,

I want to do law but I’m not 100% sure on doing it yet as I’ve only just joined year 12.

So my decision is to take history (AQA topics on Britain, French revolution and Nazi Germany) and drop a science/maths leaving me with two sciences, and two arts: history and philosophy.

I hope this is a good combination for law, what do you think? :confused:

But my concern is due to not having done GCSE history, some serious history students are warning me that I’ll find it hard but the teacher tells me I’ll have no problems doing it, and the course sounds interesting too.

I know my essay-writing skills are up to scratch, check my sig for my GCSE RS and English grades amongst other essay-writing subjects.

Basically, I need to get an A to study law in a top university, I can in the two sciences and philosophy, am I risking it in history?

Thanks. :smile:

yeh I took up history this year having never ever done it (even before gcses) i came out with an a but in january I got a d and was predicted a d throughout the year...i think you've just got to establish really quickly how to write a good history essay (basically loads of judgements, you don't actually have to include loads of facts) because id completely misunderstood what you had to do. I'm sure you know all of this, I just wish that someone had explained that to me!
Reply 21
Well, I'm even more worried about Maths if I'm honest. I thought it would be nice to have a science-y subject in the mix for contrast though, and I quite enjoy it.

I feel the school trips may compensate for some of the extra hard work! We're going to London next month and Madrid and Vienna in the future, if I can get a job to pay for them...

Latest