The Student Room Group
Any ideas?!
Reply 2
Theatre of cruelty is a good one!
Just make it very Artaudian....encourage them to go a bit crazy and let themselves go!!
Reply 3
I'd do something which you personally find interesting, but try to make it unique. I've done quite a few workshops (participated, not organised) and they always seem to have really similar themes, and it gets repetitive. Things like class-status and relationships are done alot, so try not to do something like that. Your "cruelty" idea could definitely work, but I think it'd be too easy for your actors to devise - it's very easy to make cruelty dramatic, perhaps you could try something more complex... of course it entirely depends on the purpose of your drama workshop, i.e. if it needs to be easy for people (and yourself) to work with :smile:

Maybe you could try something like... a drama workshop based on the theme of nature, or the elements or something. Give people some freedom in what they do, so nothing too specific.
I'm not basing my workshop on Cruelty. Theatre of Cruelty is a style/concept of theatre
Reply 5
missmisanthropy
I'm not basing my workshop on Cruelty. Theatre of Cruelty is a style/concept of theatre

Oh :o:
Sorry, misread what you said - I've never heard of that before, guess I will soon enough :biggrin: But yes, sounds very good :smile:

Latest