The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Trouble accepting Edinburgh accommodation

When I click the link to take me to the contract and the acceptance process, it's INCREDIBLY slow loading each page. I tried to enter payment details this morning but at the next page nothing came up. I called them and asked if it went through but they said no and to try it later to see if it's faster. But I have been on to read the contract/information several times, even 3am this morning, so I doubt it's internet traffic, since it was just as slow then.

I'm now running out of time to accept, if it doesn't work when I try again can I do it over the phone? :woo:
Truth be told, some people actually turn up on Freshers Week without having paid and do it then; the deadline seems to just be an incentive to do it quick. However, with the heavy oversubscription of rooms this year they might just stick to the deadlines, so it's worth trying your utmost.

I would first try doing it on another computer, as the problem may be on your end rather than AS's. Otherwise, phone AS and ask them for options.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
michaelnicholson88
Truth be told, some people actually turn up on Freshers Week without having paid and do it then; the deadline seems to just be an incentive to do it quick. However, with the heavy oversubscription of rooms this year they might just stick to the deadlines, so it's worth trying your utmost.

I would first try doing it on another computer, as the problem may be on your end rather than AS's. Otherwise, phone AS and ask them for options.

I managed to get it done even with the slow loading. It's definitely their site, every other website is fine, it's just as soon as I clicked on the link to the contract the page took 5 minutes to load.

Turns out the first time the payment did go through but since I didn't get to the deposit page it didn't count as me accepting the accom. Now I have to call and cancel the first payment or I'm paying for the same room twice.

IT'S ALL UNDER CONTROL.

sort of.
Reply 3
Yeah, I had problems loading the pages - I just tried it a few times until eventually it went through. They don't seem to have charged me twice, so it's all good. :biggrin:
that took way longer than i thought it'd be. I just thought i had to click a 'yes please!' button and i'd be sorted. How wrong i was...
Reply 5
Heh they cancelled my accommodation yesterday! We are sorry to say Mr Redpath that we can no longer offer you accommodation. A rude email later highlighting the £250 missing from my account and my good friend Dave at the accommodation services gave me my room back.
Reply 6
Redders
Heh they cancelled my accommodation yesterday! We are sorry to say Mr Redpath that we can no longer offer you accommodation. A rude email later highlighting the £250 missing from my account and my good friend Dave at the accommodation services gave me my room back.

Blimey. At least you got it back!

:excited:
Redders

Quite possibly my good friend David actually. Really. He's a sound guy.
Reply 8
michaelnicholson88
Quite possibly my good friend David actually. Really. He's a sound guy.

Certainly seemed like it, gave me priority email correspondence and had everything sorted within an hour, may have to pop in and thank him personally. Was not a nice evening preceeding the conversation I can tell you.

Latest

Trending

Trending