The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Course applied to: Natural sciences (physical)

College applied to: Trinity college

Offer, rejection or pool? : Offer :smile:

Grades required, if offer: AAA in Maths/Further maths/Chemistry/Biology (3 out of 4)

Comments (eg. how do you feel? Is it what you expected? etc.): Hmmm; I have to say I think was good on paper, felt I made an ass of myself at interview, but I realised I did get some good points through and they must have ignored my idiotic mistakes.

Decision: Not sure yet, either this or Stanford :s-smilie:
Reply 61
economics
AAA
gonville and caius
pleased
College: Emmanuel
Offer, rejection or pool?: '06 offer
Grades required: AAAB :O The As must be in Biology and Chemistry and either English or Geography.
Comments: Like wagamuffin, I was good on paper and made an ass of myself in the first interview (second one went great.)
Decision: Hell yeah.
Reply 63
Course: Medicine
College: St Catz
Offer/Rejection: Offer
Grades: AAA in Maths, Bio, Chem
Comments: Really plzed t get an offer!! Congrats 2 every1!
Reply 64
weelllllllllll,

college: selwyn

course: theology and religious studies

offer: nope, smelly pool :hmpf:

oh well, like i was actually gonna get in! pah! should have known better after last year when they put me in the pool before and no one wanted me!! boo hoo. not taking it too well but will be ok tomorrow!!! well done everyone who did get in. (ps, i do actually hate you if you are going to do theol and rs!!)nah, only joking!! not getting my hopes up for the pool as didnt get anywhere last year and i knew a few people who were in the pool and we didnt hear anything from any college. not that you wont hear, its just we werent lucky enough! but thats just the way it goes...............am actually slightly annoyed though as no one on here seems to have applied for theology. mmmm.
Reply 65
Could you all please stop discussing - there are plenty of other threads for that. There is no need to remind you that any chat WILL be deleted.
Reply 66
Land Economy!
St. John
AAA
so pleased!!! anyone else land economy?
Reply 67
Subject applied for: History [for entry in 2006 ie deferred]

College applied to: Pembroke

Offer, rejection or pool? : OFFER! YES!

Grades required, if offer: AAA

Comments (eg. how do you feel? Is it what you expected? etc.): OMFG!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! ISN'T THE WORLD BEAUTIFUL! Etc. Everyone had told me I would get in, and I did. A deferred place at last year's most competitive college at the best University in the country! OH MY!!

Decision: Firm choice will be Cambridge, didn't apply anywhere else :p:
Reply 68
College: Pembroke
Course: Medicine
Reply: Rejected
Comments: http://oa.waveflex.com/profiles/prof_disp.asp?id=920
I wanted an offer, but I didn't get one :hmpf:. 2005, here I come. :ridinghor

Happy new year! :bootyshak :party: :dancing: :wavey:

psst. :stupid:
Subject applied for: English

College applied to: Trinity Hall

Offer , rejection or pool? : Offer! Score!

Comments (eg. how do you feel? Is it what you expected? etc.): Shocked and delighted.

Decision: Yeah... right.
Reply 70
Subject applied for: Maths

College applied to: Queens'

Offer :biggrin:

Grades required, if offer: um, conditional on various administrative conditions including guarantees of satisfactory financial support? :confused: whatever that means. post a'level so yay :smile:

Comments (eg. how do you feel? Is it what you expected? etc.): was a thin white envelope so i was disappointed as soon as i saw it, but now its open and i'm so glad i tried again! :biggrin:

Decision: just can't wait to get this year over and done with now, work is so boring! :p:
Reply 71
King's college
Medicine

REJECTION! I am sooo frustrated, I cant get my head round it, i mean i thought i had a chance and when that rejection comes through, ur heart sinks, feels like a waste of time and effort, mayb should have had some proper int practice,

I am really disappointed :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 72
Economics

Selwyn

OFFER
:champ: :party:

AAA (05 entry)

Incredibly Happy!

Commiserations to those rejected, and I would add that I had a reaction all planned for being rejected, for me at least the offer was a suprise to an extent.
I am genuinely confident that you will all achieve everything you are capable of elsewhere, as I knew I would if rejected.
Reply 73
Land Economy at Peterhouse
AAA
yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!11 :biggrin:
Reply 74
Adil Bhai
King's college
Medicine

REJECTION! I am sooo frustrated, I cant get my head round it, i mean i thought i had a chance and when that rejection comes through, ur heart sinks, feels like a waste of time and effort, mayb should have had some proper int practice,

I am really disappointed :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I am sorry to hear aboout the rejection. Do you have any other offers for medicine?
Reply 75
ezburt
Subj: Law

College: Jesus

Offer etc: Offer - AAB

Comments: I am delighted, especially after my interview went so wrong!! Any other Jesus ppl out there?!!?

congrats! AAB for law, thats pretty sweet - especially from cambridge looking foward to seeing you there in oct!!! :tsr:
Subject applied for: SPS
College applied to: Corpus Christi
OFFER!
Grades Req.: AAA (excluding art hmp)
Comments: Over the moon, way way over it :trytofly:
Decision: Yes!
Reply 77
Subject applied for: BIO NATSCI

College applied to: Christ's

Offer :champ: , rejection :thumpdown or pool?:hmmmm2: : POOL

Grades required, if offer: -

Comments (eg. how do you feel? Is it what you expected? etc.):

I am very very happy and proud to be considered this much! The envelope came thick so I new it had to be good news either way. Hope I get another interview to tell all my cheesy chemistry jokes all over again!! Well down to all you ppl who got offers!
Reply 78
Maths
Trinity
Offer!!! with AB(further maths and physics, pretty surprisin!!!!!!!)
I am flying right now. Amazingly happy!!!!!!!!
Zarathustra
Subject applied for: Philosophy!!!

College applied to: Newnham!!!

Offer :champ:

Comments (eg. how do you feel? Is it what you expected? etc.): Heh, whaddya want, a reaction? No such luck, I laugh in the face of....OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Decision: Guess my grades'll make it for me!

ZarathustraX

(Dave, so sorry you're gonna have to wait another month. My fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes are crossed for you though, and will remain so for some time. Juxtapiped - where are you, mate?)

Hey, many congrats! If you have any Qs about Newnham I'm more than happy etc. Also, out of interest, were you interviewed by our lovely principle or was she away then? xx

Latest

Trending

Trending