The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well im thinking of taking it again firtly register to www.collegeboard.com, well if you dont want to apply through the internet, search for the education advisor in your area(US education).or you could also go to the United States Embassy
I have received this email from the collegeboard website. it seems to be long but read it

SAT registration online and re-registration by phone for the 2008-09 SAT testing year became available starting on May 29. Online SAT registration and telephone re-registration require a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card. We also accept debit cards that have a Visa or MasterCard logo. Access the registration form and additional information at www.collegeboard.com. Registration by mail will be available starting in August. To register by mail, you need the SAT Registration Booklet. If you would like us to send you an SAT Registration Booklet, please send us an e-mail in August with your complete mailing address.

Address:
City:
Postal Code:
State:
Region/Province:

Online registration and phone re-registration are not allowed in Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Benin, or Cameroon. A local SAT Program representative, who can facilitate test registrations, is available in Kenya and Nigeria. Visit www.collegeboard.com for updated information.

To process an organizer account, Go to www.collegeboard.com and click on the "Sign up" button located beneath "My Organizer." Complete the appropriate information and click on "Submit." You should now see your "My Organizer" page. You can access all services from "My Organizer."

To register for a test, use the instructions in the Registration Booklet for students testing outside the United States. Unless registering through an SAT Representative, fees must be paid in U.S. dollars with your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card; check drawn on a U.S. bank; United States Postal Service money order; international money order; UNESCO coupon; or bank draft. Students testing in Ghana, Benin, Togo, Nigeria, Kenya, India, and Pakistan will find special instructions in the SAT Registration Booklet.

The U.S. Information Service office in your area may have an education advising center, or it can direct you to the nearest one for counseling and information on admission to U.S. colleges and universities.

To find an education advising center in your area, please visit www.collegeboard.com using the link below.
http://apps.collegeboard.com/cbsearch/center/searchOverseasAdvCenter.jsp

For general information about a U.S. education, you can contact the Institute of International Education, 809 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017-3580, or visit their Web site at www.iie.org.

Per your request, following are the test dates for the 2008-09 testing year:

October 4, 2008

November 1, 2008

December 6, 2008

January 24, 2009

March 14, 2009 (SAT Reasoning only; offered in U.S., U.S. territories, and Puerto Rico only)

May 2, 2009

June 6, 2009

You can also find these dates and additional test information in the SAT section at www.collegeboard.com.
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/calenfees.html

Here is some helpful information about testing fees for each test date.

Test Fees:

SAT Reasoning Test: $45.00

SAT Subject Tests: $20 Basic Registration fee, add to the total fee for Subject Tests. Language Test with Listening: $20
All other Subject Tests: $9

Additional services Fees -- add to the total test fees:

Re-registration by telephone: $12.50

International processing fee (includes Mexico and Canada): $26
India/Pakistan additional surcharge: $23.00

Late registration fee: $23.00 (U.S., U.S. territories, and Puerto Rico only)
Standby fee: $38.00
Test, test date, or test center change fee: $22.00

Score Reporting Fees:

Any additional score report sent to an institution beyond the four requested on the Registration Form or Correction Form by test day is $9.50* per report.

Archive Test Date retrieval fee: $21, plus possible additional fees
Rush reports: $27.00 plus $9.50 for each report
Regular reporting: $10 plus $9.50 for each report

Scores by phone (before scores are mailed): $12.50

Score By Web: Free

Additional Service Fees:

SAT Question-and-Answer Service: $18*
SAT Student Answer Service: $12*
Multiple-Choice score verification: $50
Essay score verification: $50
Check returned for insufficient funds: $20 ($15 in ID, LA, and UT)

*These service fees are refundable if you ordered and paid for the services when you registered and did not test: additional score reports; SAT Question-and-Answer Service; SAT Student Answer Service.

For further information or assistance, please feel free to call us at 1 (866) 756-7346 (Domestic), 001 (212) 713-7789 (International), Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Eastern Time) or visit us at www.collegeboard.com.

Thank You,
Reply 2
kdhillon922
i'm rather confused...

i'm going into year 12 in september

so do i register for the SAT in 2008 or 2009?

Help!
:confused: :confused:

I'm assuming that this means you will graduate from secondary school/sixth form in spring 2010 and enter university in fall 2010. And that you're asking something along the lines of "what would be an appropriate time to take the SAT".

For admissions to a US university in fall 2010, your application has to be in by the end of 2009. That's the latest when you can take the SAT. As for the earliest, the answer is, whenever you are ready. There are ~5 test dates a year, and you can take the SAT on any of those dates (as long as you register/pay). You can also take it more than once; the official line at most universities is that they do not penalise retakes. Most American students take it sometime during 11th grade (equivalent of Year 12), and some take it in October just after they've started 12th grade (Year 13). The Maths in SAT I does not go beyond GCSE Maths, so if you feel you're already ready you can register for the SAT I. There is quite a bit of obscure vocabulary to be learned for the Reading section, so that needs to be studied for.

A list of test dates and registration deadlines are on the College Board website; pick a date that's both convenient and allows you adequate preparation time, register, and study for it. Mock papers are the best. The October and December test dates might be too soon for you (but if you're confident, go for it), but there are about 5 dates in 2009 that you can consider.

Don't forget about SAT subject tests, either...
You should probably take it sometime during Year 12, though, so if you don't do as well as you would like, you have time to take it again. If you don't take it by the end of 2008 (which is not necessary), you can take it in the early months of 2009. If you're looking at any colleges that require SAT subject tests, a lot of people tend to take them at the end of Year 12, which would be the May or June testing date in 2009. And the earlier you take them, the earlier you can be done - I sat for the SAT once in Year 11 and got a good enough score that I've never taken it again. At the very least, you'll know where you stand and can spend more time studying.

You might want to try to take some practice tests so that you have an idea of where you are score-wise and what you should focus on studying. As far as vocab on the Reading section, there's not a set of words that they select from - it's virtually impossible to predict what words will be tested. That's not to say you shouldn't study vocab, but don't dedicate inordinate amounts of time to memorizing words that probably won't be in the 10ish vocab questions they ask.

Latest

Trending

Trending