I mean its my main which i'll be majoring in the future. :smile:
Reply 3
october?
Reply 4
Hercules
october?

yea why? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
English Lang isn't as interesting as English Lit, because you don't get to read all those great novels etc.
Reply 6
Reading great novels is what infuriates me.
It depends what "interests" you! For me, I loved it-I found it really interesting and you find out there's a lot to the language we speak everyday that we don't know/think about! However, I am a language student-I find etymology really interesting, having studied latin and ancient Greek, so I'm biased! Saying that, the rest of my class didn't do other languages and like 95% of them stayed on to do it for A2 so there must be something in it! Personally I'd take Eng lang over Eng lit any day, but it's down to personal preference :smile: x
Reply 8
AS Level: :no:
A Level: :yep:
My whole class basically gave up with the subject as they found it so repetitive. I really enjoyed it at A2 though - it's a subject you have to be interested in. I hated it at AS which shows as I just scraped a C, but really enjoyed it at A2 which made me work my arse off - got an A overall.
Reply 9
If you're into novels and shakespear:take Eng Lit.
'' '' analysing texts and stuff:take Eng lang.
Reply 10
Oh I loved English Language at AS and A Level. I much prefer it to English Lit only because I didn't like the history part of English Lit when you had to relate it to context "In the Elizabethan society..." However, saying that I really enjoyed both of them :biggrin: I am going to be doing English Language at Uni and l love the subject so my opinion is probably biased but I have taken both of them! I did find Eng Lang interesting, in particular Language and Gender and Child Language Acquisition; in fact bits of language change was interesting too! But I mean to some people they would have hated that. It's all personal opinion really... I love analysing so English Language benefited me. However I love reading which is why Eng Lit benefited me :smile:
Reply 11
English language is far more creative than English Literature. Lit is more, sit down, learn these quotes, regurgitate them in the exam blah blah. English Language is more about applying theory to work, analysing language to the nth degree, and working with transcriptions and speech. I think the new OCR language course actually does child language aquisiton over time, however I'm doing language and gender. Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy to get a high grade in, as long as you are passionate and have incredibly refined analysis skills.

Also, no learning quotes. :wink:

But then again, you don't get to read books etc. It's more focussed on advertising, humour, the language that you see and hear around you as opposed to set texts.

I love it :3
Reply 12
can anyone help me? i am currently doing my coursework and i cant remember any theorists to do with language and gender.

Latest