The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

James Lighthill House info...anyone???

hello people!!!

i got my accomodation letter a couple days ago, got James Lighthill House single en-suite and was all happy because i basically got what i wanted :rolleyes: but now i'm feeling a bit uneasy about it reading through some posts :woo: so i'm really hoping if people can answer a couple of my quesitons??? would be eternally greatful :yep: , kk:

- is there a good amount of freshers, first year undergrads at James Lighthill house. i'm a bit worried because reading through some of the old threads here, i get the impression that a lot of mature students live here (not that mature students are'nt fun n all :wink: )

- my main concern is social life ... being a social person n all, it kinda worries me when i read in threads that JL house is pretty much dead on the social scene lol....i'm hoping its not and i hope that some previous students who lived in JL house (esp those who did so in their first year) can clarify this for me. also, does the fact that its quite far from UCL kinda isolate it a little from the social scene or does distance not really play a part in it???

- lastly, if there are any 1st year undergrads who are going to be moving into JL house this september, i'd love for y'all to get in contact with me =D =D =D
btw im doing English :jive: :jive: :jive:

sorry my message is so long and all but i really will be greatful to people who clear some issues up for me ! ty ! :jive:
I'm going to James Lighthill! (:
don't worry, i've been freaked out by the amount of posts saying it's boring etc, but i'm going to be social, and from the sounds of it so are you, so we'll be fine :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
ShivyBoy
hello people!!!

i got my accomodation letter a couple days ago, got James Lighthill House single en-suite and was all happy because i basically got what i wanted :rolleyes: but now i'm feeling a bit uneasy about it reading through some posts :woo: so i'm really hoping if people can answer a couple of my quesitons??? would be eternally greatful :yep: , kk:

- is there a good amount of freshers, first year undergrads at James Lighthill house. i'm a bit worried because reading through some of the old threads here, i get the impression that a lot of mature students live here (not that mature students are'nt fun n all :wink: )

- my main concern is social life ... being a social person n all, it kinda worries me when i read in threads that JL house is pretty much dead on the social scene lol....i'm hoping its not and i hope that some previous students who lived in JL house (esp those who did so in their first year) can clarify this for me. also, does the fact that its quite far from UCL kinda isolate it a little from the social scene or does distance not really play a part in it???

- lastly, if there are any 1st year undergrads who are going to be moving into JL house this september, i'd love for y'all to get in contact with me =D =D =D
btw im doing English :jive: :jive: :jive:

sorry my message is so long and all but i really will be greatful to people who clear some issues up for me ! ty ! :jive:

Hello there!! I'm in James Lighthill too :smile: I'm nice, don't worry. And I'm not antisocial. If you join the Lighthill Facebook group then you'll see it's full of about 110 people who are up for a rave and excited about having a good time. I really wouldn't worry about it!! Half the battle is being in halls with fun people, regardless of where they are, and by the looks of it, JL is full of fun types this year!!
Yeah, it's quite far away but there's a bendy [aka free] bus that goes 24 hours into central London, PLUS we're near Islington bars and the Scala for UCL Vodpop nights. So it's not all bad :wink:
xx
Reply 3
Hello there, I am a MSc student staying in James Lighthill House. Since I have only an Ethernet connection here I would like to create an ad hoc connection to connect my ipod touch. I have successfully created one and my ipod sees the ad hoc wifi from my laptop and it connects to it. However when I try to use the Internet from my ipod I get an error message and it says there is no Internet connection.
May the following be the cause of the problem and how can I resolve this?
MAC address violation

Your port may have been shut down due to a security violation. When you activate your connection your user ID and unique physical address of your PC are registered to the network port you are connected to. If you attempt to connect your PC to another port or another PC or network device is connected to your port, a security violation occurs; this is because the user agreement states that only one device can be registered per port. A violation results in a port shutdown. After 10 - 15 minutes the port will re-activate back into the registration stage where you will have to enter your details again to restore your connection.

Thank you in advance for your help in that issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending