The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TKnightrider
The guy is a blathering fool. Ping pongs coming home. What arsewipe says that as a way to attract people to come to 2012.

An amusing one?
Reply 21
I'd take the next flight out of the country. The guy is an idiot - he wanted to RELOCATE heathrow, to east surrey, by SHUTTING IT DOWN, building flats on the land, and then spending tens of billions of pounds on building a new one! WTF?!
Kink
He'll have to become a backbencher because a constituency will never vote him in again I'm afraid so it's very unlikely he will gain popularity and status in the House of Commons.

Why would a constituency never vote him in again? Forgive my ignorance; is it absolutely against the rules or is it just that it's unlikely because he gave up a seat and a place in the cabinet previously? Are there any precedents for or against this sort of shenanigans?
Dionysus
I'd say it's entirely possible. I don't share many Labour Party members' views that he's a bumbling idiot. I think he's an extremely intelligent man, he just doesn't share my political perspective on a number of issues.

I would like to refute that claim by pointing out that he is a bumbling idiot.
Reply 24
professoryackle
Why would a constituency never vote him in again? Forgive my ignorance; is it absolutely against the rules or is it just that it's unlikely because he gave up a seat and a place in the cabinet previously? Are there any precedents for or against this sort of shenanigans?

They may vote him in again, but it's very unlikely. It's a democracy, apparently, the people can vote in whoever they like. I'm just saying it is very very unlikely he will even attempt to do that, it's a demotion.
Jace Falco
"Mr Prime Minister, what are your views on the growing threat of a new Cold War?" "Umm, well yes, er, buses?"

Nuff said.

Not just any buses, bendy buses!
DaveJ
An amusing one?

Amusing until i realise that the world's interpretation of Britain is what they thought.
Sick Puppy

Ah, but not forgetting the bikes...:yep:
Reply 28
Unlikely, as even the tories aren't stupid enough to elect him party leader
Sick Puppy

And yet they're still on the road.
Reply 30
TKnightrider
The guy is a blathering fool. Ping pongs coming home. What arsewipe says that as a way to attract people to come to 2012.

hahaha, don't forget the whif whaf now.
Well he is a funny funny man, but if he was to become PM one day..
I don't think england would last very long tbh..
lidskoo
hahaha, don't forget the whif whaf now.
Well he is a funny funny man, but if he was to become PM one day..
I don't think england would last very long tbh..

If Boris became PM, I would spearhead the revolution.

You think I'm joking :ninja:
d123
Unlikely, as even the tories aren't stupid enough to elect him party leader

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment: Since you say "even the tories" I'm guessing you're of the opposite political persuasion, or not a tory, anyway, and you're implying that tories are stupid. (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.)

If tories are stupid, surely en masse they'd be exactly the kind of people who would elect him leader? Or aren't tories stupid?

If they're stupid but not that stupid, how much more stupid would they need to be for Boris to end up party leader?
Reply 33
If he returned to the House of Commons, then he'd probably be offered a (shadow) Cabinet position now. From there, if he could muster the support of his party, he could very conceivably end up Prime Minister one day. He is, after all, still a young man in political terms.

He's popular, certainly, and I don't doubt he has the faculties for the job; yet I still see it as fairly unlikely. He doesn't ingratiate himself with the party establishment: as someone above said, he's a maverick, not a careerist.
professoryackle
Just playing devil's advocate for a moment: Since you say "even the tories" I'm guessing you're of the opposite political persuasion, or not a tory, anyway, and you're implying that tories are stupid. (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.)

If tories are stupid, surely en masse they'd be exactly the kind of people who would elect him leader? Or aren't tories stupid?

If they're stupid but not that stupid, how much more stupid would they need to be for Boris to end up party leader?

It seems they'd need only be as stupid as the London voters... :rolleyes:
No way Jose, he'd be the British George Bush... an embarassment not only for Britain, but for Earth.
Reply 36
"If Boris Johnson became mayor because of being popular on a TV panel show, Frankie Boyle will surely be the next PM!"
^LoL
Reply 37
MazalTov89

Shock horror! Elected official takes more than three months to implement a policy when elected for a four year term!

For the love of God, when people come out with nonsense like this it really makes me worry about British politics.
MazalTov89

But not for long. Ken introduced them, but Boris is getting rid of them!
Spolodaface
No way Jose, he'd be the British George Bush... an embarassment not only for Britain, but for Earth.

Reminds me of Mock th Week; 'Questions that you wouldn't have seen in the recent exams - "Using Darwin's theory of evolution, explain Boris Johnson." ' :laughing:

Latest