The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sadie-kiki
"If Boris Johnson became mayor because of being popular on a TV panel show, Frankie Boyle will surely be the next PM!"
^LoL

Ah, Mock the Week, how we love you :yep:
nearlyheadlessian
Because popularity on a television panel show doesn't translate into votes as party leader.

Honestly, what is the name of the television panel show?
This could be a fun petition like the one that said Clarkson for PM. More than 200 signatures and the government has to respond!
Reply 43
Jace Falco
Ah, Mock the Week, how we love you :yep:

Indeed, indeed :woo:
Reply 44
professoryackle
Just playing devil's advocate for a moment: Since you say "even the tories" I'm guessing you're of the opposite political persuasion, or not a tory, anyway, and you're implying that tories are stupid. (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.)

If tories are stupid, surely en masse they'd be exactly the kind of people who would elect him leader? Or aren't tories stupid?

If they're stupid but not that stupid, how much more stupid would they need to be for Boris to end up party leader?

True.

Er.

Not sure!
Reply 45
im so academic
Honestly, what is the name of the television panel show?

He was on Have I got news for you, duh.
crazylemon
This could be a fun petition like the one that said Clarkson for PM. More than 200 signatures and the government has to respond!

Yes, but they don't have to overturn the electoral process just because 200 people out of 60 million say so.
Jace Falco
Yes, but they don't have to overturn the electoral process just because 200 people out of 60 million say so.

no but the response would be fun to watch
crazylemon
no but the response would be fun to watch

I have seen various government politicians saying no to things before. I'm sceptical that this would actually be that fun to watch.
crazylemon

Yeah the government responded, they said no :p:
MazalTov89
I'm so glad that Ken is running for Mayor again (as an independant!) in 2012.

What?! Seriously, if he wins, I'll be so surprised! :eek:
Sick Puppy
Yeah the government responded, they said no :p:

Yes the fun would be in how big a no they gave to Boris
Jace Falco
It seems they'd need only be as stupid as the London voters... :rolleyes:

Well, quite. That was the point I was trying to make earlier, when I posted the link to the Times Online article.

Also, one can't have enough "stupid tories" in a general election, surely? :p:

[EDIT] I meant too many, not enough. Silly me.
Reply 53
Shonak
I'd take the next flight out of the country. The guy is an idiot - he wanted to RELOCATE heathrow, to east surrey, by SHUTTING IT DOWN, building flats on the land, and then spending tens of billions of pounds on building a new one! WTF?!

Well, to be fair, you're a schoolboy with a writing style akin to that of a Daily Star journalist - I hardly think you're intellectual competition for him.

Anyway, 'wtf?' seems to about sum up your argument here: so I will tell you exactly what 'the ****' is going on: Heathrow, for one of the world's busiest airports and a central hub for Europe, is an absolute bloody mess. It's a cobbled-together nonsense trying to serve a purpose it wasn't remotely designed for.

I actually quite like the idea. If you'd actually read Boris's comments, you'd realise that this has been done by several cities around the world. As for tens of billions of pounds (which is not the figure placed on it, by the by), I doubt anyone would be advocating it (or indeed, doing it) if they didn't think it would have economic benefits to the country.
crazylemon
Yes the fun would be in how big a no they gave to Boris

"NO! NO! Jesus mother****ing Christ what the **** were you people thinking? The country's going to the dogs as it is you bunch of malcoordinated ****** ******s!"

Just speculation.
Reply 55
The problem was that when it came to the mayor of london vote they thought it would be a laugh to vote for Boris

"and the winner is with 1,200,832 votes is boris"

oh **** :getmecoat:

and yes boris is a very intellegent person.......... unfortunately that like giving a monkey granades
sadie-kiki
"If Boris Johnson became mayor because of being popular on a TV panel show, Frankie Boyle will surely be the next PM!"
^LoL

Bring it on! :rofl2:
Jace Falco
"NO! NO! Jesus mother****ing Christ what the **** were you people thinking? The country's going to the dogs as it is you bunch of malcoordinated ****** ******s!"

Just speculation.

:toofunny:
Jace Falco
"Mr Prime Minister, what are your views on the growing threat of a new Cold War?" "Umm, well yes, er, buses?"

Nuff said.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few years, they'll be buses with pictures of Boris on them. My days, he does love his buses, like Clarkson is to cars!

"What is the best way of going on public transport in London? Boris Buses, you can't miss 'em 'cos it's the one with his face on!"

^Now the above is the ad the public will probably see in 2012 for tourists visiting London!
Spolodaface
No way Jose, he'd be the British George Bush... an embarassment not only for Britain, but for Earth.

But in a different point of view, even if he was to be elected for PM, he can't be more of an embarassment for Britian than Hitler for Germany! :rolleyes:

Anyway, in the meantime, we have to wait 'till Brown gets sacked, Cameron to be PM, and then for him to be sacked then for Johnson to take up the role of PM. I'm guessing that this will happen at around 2016/2017.