The Student Room Group

24 marks of an A in chem..remark?

i got 456 in alevel chemistry..i know remakrs usually go up by 2/3 marks but i wanted to remark unit 6 which is 60 UMS marks coursework and 60 UMS marks of the synoptic

6246/01A + 6B
Grade Max
Mark max mark A B C D
Raw boundary mark 100 70 62 54 47
Uniform boundary mark 120 96 84 72 60

i got 70 out of 120 for unit6..
i got 36 raw marks for the practical coursework..so this means i msut have got around 17 out of 50 marks on the unit 6 synoptic..i looked at the markschme and i thought i got about 25.
on unit 6 we had to answer at least 2 questions, but i answered all 3, if you answered all 3 then the examiner takes the 2 highest sections..i thouhgt maybe the examiner didnt look at all 3
so 25 plus 36 would equal to 64 raw marks, and so about 84 UMS marks for unit 6 instead of 70..do u thnk its worth it to get a remark?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't be silly...
No, Chemistry isn't a 'subjective' subject and answers will usually be right/wrong, so I do't think it's worth it.
Reply 3
No.
Reply 4
Don't waste your money.
Reply 5
What? 24 marks! Be real.
Reply 6
Uh, I would have to say no.
Reply 7
No, Mr. Optimistic, no.
Sorry, but 24 marks is a lot, you're better off resitting in January. If you got 70/120, you've got another 50 marks up for grabs - you're (almost) certain to improve!

Go for it!
Reply 9
Muppety_Kid
Sorry, but 24 marks is a lot, you're better off resitting in January. If you got 70/120, you've got another 50 marks up for grabs - you're (almost) certain to improve!

Go for it!

If money really isn't an issue then go for it. I mean the chances are SLIM, but sometimes mistakes happen and this year in our school one examiner didn't mark the last two pages of one paper and this chap got his paper remarked and it went up from a D to an A.

Edit: in physics.

Edit: edexcel though, so to be expected.
Reply 10
That would have to be a pretty crap examiner to mess up 24 marks.
Reply 11
it's unreal
If you seriously think the examiner didn't read your answers to the third question, and this was the question in which you scored highly, and so where you'd get the extra marks - then yes, I don't think it would be silly to get a remark. But only if you're sure.
doubt it would go up just resit but do check your coursework has been counted as OCR once forgot about mine :mad:
tomoli
If money really isn't an issue then go for it. I mean the chances are SLIM, but sometimes mistakes happen and this year in our school one examiner didn't mark the last two pages of one paper and this chap got his paper remarked and it went up from a D to an A.

Edit: in physics.

Edit: edexcel though, so to be expected.

Surely he'd be better off spending the money to get a copy of his paper to see where he went wrong. Was it a particular area of Chemistry he didn't understand, or was it his exam technique? I've never had problems with Edexcel, but I've only used them for Maths (which is obviously quite straightforward to mark), although I know some refer to them as Edexhell!
Reply 15
24 marks! NO WAY!!!!
Reply 16
HAHAHA 24 marks? People like this make me laugh
Reply 17
do you need it for uni or something?
:nn:
It depends. Do you want the remark out of desperation or do you want the remark because you truly think something went wrong with the marking.

Latest