The Student Room Group
I don't think it's the strongest ever combination. But I think it's perfectly adequate.
you have the bio and chem

are you not doing 5 a/s cos general studies may not be counted
'Another one of those a-level choise help threads!'

Don't pick English.
Reply 4
Maths may help you?
Reply 5
Only 3 AS-levels? (Many places don't consider general studies). I think it'd be wise to do a fourth as level, for some courses it's required. Maths would be very good, but make sure you do something you're good at and enjoy.
Reply 6
Bio and chem are needed and you have them so it's fine.

But you are only really doing 3 AS subjects as most places for a med. course won't accept general studies. Consider doing something else too, like another science/maths or essay-based subject instead of, or on top of general studies.
Reply 7
hmmm. Normally unis ask for a fourth AS to be anything BUT General studies. so Im not sure if you are okay there!
As everyone has said, you might want to pick something else as a 4AS and then do general studies as a 5th (which is what a lot of people I know did)
Try and get maths instead of Physio or general studies. Then you're good to go.
Reply 10
Malsi101
hmmm. Normally unis ask for a fourth AS to be anything BUT General studies. so Im not sure if you are okay there!

i was going to do geography however when they put the subjects in blocks they put chemistry with geography which i was going to pick so unfortunately i couldn't pick that.....
and many have said maths but in gcse maths...i took foundation and luckily got a C and dont think i'll coupe with it as an A-level! ahhhh
Reply 11
I'm now confused....help :s-smilie:
cant do maths ..
shall i drop general studies
and if i can ask for geography to be moved to other blocks
then do geography,bio,chem and psychology?
Reply 12
Ah well how about ANY other subject but G.S. As seriously not many unis like a fourth AS as GS. some accept it but the majority don't if I was you id change it:smile:
Reply 13
try fizix or eng lit instead of general studies, coz it isnt accepted by many good unis..
Reply 14
I would say take english because you definately need to improve your grammar and spelling. :rolleyes:

Latest