The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
weeks leading up to the exams.so if my re one was first id have weeks and if tech was second id do tech revision also. physics was last so the revision came last.but yeah all in all not like man months but nearly 1.
Reply 21
easter holidays is a good time to start if you want to do well.
also, some schools offer easter school where you can go in and ask your teachers on topics your struggling with etc, so if your school does that it's quite helpful :smile:
started towards the end of the easter holiday and really got going about 2 weeks before the first exam. It is helpful to really prioritise your time. Some subjects require little to no revision at all (e.g. the sciences IMO, French, english) but others require loads (history, latin) somake sure you get the balance across your subjects right.

try and make sure all your notes and work are properly organised, well before you get to your mocks

don't bother with a revision plan - just a waste of time. Instead i made a list of all the material I needed to cover for each subject and made sure I started early enough and put in enough time to cover it all

read the EXAMINER'S REPORT and MARKSCHEMES for each subject - these are a godsend to you as they tell you exactly how the examiner wantsyou to answer

good luck! (but DON'T start yet or you'll die before may)
Reply 23
I normally revised for each subject the night before.
RE i remember didnt get the time of day though :P
Once my school let us out for study leave, I started revising then. I could have worked harder, but I'm still happy =] Don't leave it until too late, give yourself at least two/three days before the exam to revise.
THE NIGHT BEFORE LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, give me a break. :rolleyes:

I started, for A2s, about two weeks before. I used to get up an hour earlier, shower, dress, and sit down for an hour's worth of pure, undisturbed revision in the morning. It worked wonders. :biggrin: Also, it meant I could use 'study periods' to, eh, play Champ Man. :ninja:
Reply 26
Depends what subject you are revising for. Maths takes longer. So does Science as for both subjects, it's memorising equations/facts.
Easter holidays.
Reply 28
i didn't ^^

Spoiler

Reply 29
I revised in class, and mainly started during exam leave, but I didn't really have any subjects that I need to revise lots, as with geography we did lots in class, and the sciences I didn't need to revise, and English I can't really revise, so I didn't do that much really by my self.

Just pay attention in your last few lessons in year 11 and listen for your teachers helpful hints.
Didnt except for history and for As only Chem and I got 9*As & 3As with 4As at AS

Spoiler

Mid-April, but really only started to do proper revision around mid-May. If I had started any earlier I would've burnt out.
I started a little bit of 'light' revision in kind of February half term. Major revision started in Easter, though. Got 9A*s so it pays off! :biggrin:
Maybe 2 weeks before the mocks I read CGP for every subject I took.
A few weeks before the real exams I did the same but felt that preparation for mocks came back to me which was useful :smile:
Reply 34
I began a little revision around the beginning of March, but that was only science as I felt there was so much to learn. For other subjects that occurred earlier in my exam timetable (such as Latin and English) I began around mid-April. As for the later subjects such as geography (these also happened to be the ones I felt more comfortable with), I didn't begin until the middle of May.

While my technique seemed to work (I got 11A*s), I think the reason I did so well was more to do with the fact that I paid attention throughout the years and did my homework, as it meant I had less to revise when the time came! So to any year 10s out there who are panicking about all that stuff already, a) don't, and b) just work consistently, even if it makes you look like a dork and you miss one or two parties through the year (it's worth it).
The end of May, but I tend to remember the details more if I don't have to remember it for too long :p:
Reply 36
Night before in some cases,

On the bus to the exam for the rest.
Early-mid April. It paid off. Overall, I got six grades above my targets. Although the people I knew who started revising the week before each exam were satisfied enough.

</showoff>
I started revising for all my exams 1 week before the exam period started... I would've started during the Easter holiday, but I couldn't be bothered...

Then I just revised solid until it all ended. :smile: Subjects that have exams the next day should take priority. I found that revising in blocks of sunjects just before the exams helped, rather to go through everything and overflow my brain with all subjects... But you may be different.
Reply 39
during the easter holidays... I did about 4-5 hours per day. Which left plenty of time for socializing too if you start at 9 like I did... finished by 2... lunch then off to town/friends house! Seriously, get yourself a schedule for the easter holidays, stick to it, focus in lessons and it'll be all fine and dandy.

Latest