The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
All this information is in the welcome pack. If you can't find it or havnt recieved one goto the lanacster website or post on here again and ill dig some info out for you.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank HocusPocus,

Thats really why i'm asking, is the bus pass worth it, cause it doesn't say what the normal return is and how often most students would use the bus...
Reply 3
return was 2.00 last year. you use the bus whenever you want to go into town. so I guess it depends how much you want to go into town...
Reply 4
Bus pass is worth it if you are going into town more than 3 times a week,

a return was £2 thiws year just gone [a single was 1.30]

as to the gym membership, you need to be really commited to get full use of the full membership, it more likely to be worth getting the normal membership and paying everything you go... [it would be woth sitting down to work it out to find out which one would suit you best!]
Reply 5
Bus pass is usually only worth having if you live in town and need to come onto campus most days for lectures. Living on campus, you probs only go into town twice a week or so, for shopping and a night out (or two).
Reply 6
athamas
Bus pass is worth it if you are going into town more than 3 times a week,

a return was £2 thiws year just gone [a single was 1.30]

as to the gym membership, you need to be really commited to get full use of the full membership, it more likely to be worth getting the normal membership and paying everything you go... [it would be woth sitting down to work it out to find out which one would suit you best!]

i thought i was wrong :smile: thanks
Reply 7
ChJaRo
return was 2.00 last year. you use the bus whenever you want to go into town. so I guess it depends how much you want to go into town...

But isn't it £3ish for a return to Morecambe? And thats where the cheaper supermarkets are (Aldi, ASDA etc).
Reply 8
if you live on campus then i doubt that a bus pass is worth it. i live in town so a bus pass is essential. last year the bus pass was £60 a term i think. like its already been said, only get the full gym membership if you intend to use it. i know afew people who paid for the full membership but then hardly ever used it - waste of money!
Reply 9
Additionaly, I was looking at the website and with a standard membership you can pay like £45 for unlimited use of the weight room for the year, so i imagine that its best to get the standard membership for now, and if you begin to use it alot you can invest extra money later on, well thats what im doing lol
Reply 10
RJ555
But isn't it £3ish for a return to Morecambe? And thats where the cheaper supermarkets are (Aldi, ASDA etc).

not sure, but the bay riders are about £5 which cover everything.... so most likely ~£3... possibly more...

there is also a morrisons out in morecambe,

it would be a pain to get out ther and back by bus with enough shopping to make up for the extra cost of shopping as sainsburys, [to many bags to carry]

though if you can find someone with a cat, or get a group together and get a taxi back it can be worth it!
Reply 11
athamas

though if you can find someone with a cat, or get a group together and get a taxi back it can be worth it!

Someone with a car would be useful, but where does the cat come into it? LOL:biggrin:
Reply 12
that cat comes into it because they make excelent beast of burden.... [that is if you can tame one large enough to carry all your shopping!]

so yes, i did mean car... you know.. t and r are so close together and.... well i was being lazy and not checking what i had typed!
Reply 13
Say if you are in a society, and it uses the sports hall costing say £2 per session. If you have the premier membership would it be free?
athamas
not sure, but the bay riders are about £5 which cover everything.... so most likely ~£3... possibly more...

there is also a morrisons out in morecambe,

it would be a pain to get out ther and back by bus with enough shopping to make up for the extra cost of shopping as sainsburys, [to many bags to carry]

I have a cat! But he doesn't carry things... he's a bit useless really...
Reply 15
if anyone was that bothered to take a bus to morecambe for morrisons/aldi/asda or whatever, they may aswell just order it online and have it delivered. i had my car last year and drove to morrisons as it is cheaper than sains, but normally took a car-full of people to split the cost :smile:
Teao the Cat
I have a cat! But he doesn't carry things... he's a bit useless really...

I want a 5 door cat.
Reply 17
it's worth getting the full membership to the gym.. because most sports are included, the gym itself is good if really you're into working out.. as most of the equipment is really oldschool (80's rocky style). Another downside is that it gets really busy at times and there is no airconditioning/fans, so it's really warm.

Latest

Trending

Trending