changin A-levels...plz help!

posted about this yesteday and i have changed 2 of my choices
may want to get into dentistry or medicine

and i have chosen 4 A-levels...
bio
chem
psychology
and ICT (not sure about this one?!)

as i said cant do maths/physics as maths gcse i received a c and wont coupe with it for an a-level and physics i dislike :s-smilie:

so what do you think....have to finalize in a few hours!
are they okay? ahhh
Reply 1
if you have biology and chemistry at A level then you will be fine. you need to change the C in maths gcse though, probly the C in physics too
Reply 2
bean87
if you have biology and chemistry at A level then you will be fine. you need to change the C in maths gcse though, probly the C in physics too

what shall i retake GCSE maths then?
x
Reply 3
what did you get in GCSES? because most med schools need to see around 6A's minimum
Reply 4
bean87
what did you get in GCSES? because most med schools need to see around 6A's minimum

yer but didnt get 6A's! ohh danno...ahhh have to fo now though i'll talk to a career person at the school...thanks 4 you're help! :biggrin:
Reply 5
yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but depending on what you DO have for gcse's you could have a big problem on your hands there

im not 100%, but im pretty sure 95% of med schools have gcse requirements. you need to do some research
Reply 6
perhaps instead of ICT you could do geography or resit both your english and maths GCSE's
Reply 7
Lol you are in EXACTLY same posistion as me! I have to finalise at 1 today and i'm just so unsure about what subjects and i want to change them all to fit all these different careers i have in mind lol ahhhhhh

from what ive seen looking around though, as long as you've got bio and chem, you can do almost anything - it keeps your options open and all that :smile:
How about a respected humanity instead of ICT. Perhaps Philosophy, Geog., History? If you're creative art/music are good choices too and aren't blacklisted. Otherwise you could always go for English Lang, Eng. Lit., Eng Lang/Lit.
Reply 9
naomie
Lol you are in EXACTLY same posistion as me! I have to finalise at 1 today and i'm just so unsure about what subjects and i want to change them all to fit all these different careers i have in mind lol ahhhhhh

from what ive seen looking around though, as long as you've got bio and chem, you can do almost anything - it keeps your options open and all that :smile:

I know exactly how you feel, i went into my sixth form last year feeling the same. Went in preparing to do Business, Accounting, I.T. and History.... i left sixth form that day after signing up for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and I.T.

Im sure the head of sixth form hates me :P
Reply 10
bubblewit
I know exactly how you feel, i went into my sixth form last year feeling the same. Went in preparing to do Business, Accounting, I.T. and History.... i left sixth form that day after signing up for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and I.T.

Im sure the head of sixth form hates me :P

Haha yep my application was for Bio, Chem, Maths and Spanish. Then i completly changed it all to English, Psychology, Philosophy and Sociology, becuase i doubted my intelligence.. then i changed English to Bio lol - now i thinking maybe i should have stuck with Chem as well!!! ahhhhh and i kept putting off disicion making untill now where i have 2 and a half hours to decide!

life is so hard :no:
amazing-moi
posted about this yesteday and i have changed 2 of my choices
may want to get into dentistry or medicine

and i have chosen 4 A-levels...
bio
chem
psychology
and ICT (not sure about this one?!)

as i said cant do maths/physics as maths gcse i received a c and wont coupe with it for an a-level and physics i dislike :s-smilie:

so what do you think....have to finalize in a few hours!
are they okay? ahhh

Bio, Chem and Psychology are good and relevant. However usually like one non-science subject such as History or English.
Reply 12
try taking eng lit or history..
and def retake ure math gcse!
Reply 13
Hi!
Definitely keep bio, chem and psychology. Why ICT?? Unless you really like it or are really good at it. What about languages? Maybe French or Spanish or something like that would be better. Or even English Literature. But no matter what...RESIT MATHEMATICS. Universities like maths and use it as a discriminator.

Ok that's all the advice I can give. I also have a question to ask:
I've done bio, chem, physics and mathematics at AS level so far. Should I continue with that for A2??
I'm thinking of dropping bio and taking french or economics instead. Does doing sciences and maths look dull or boring? I do loads of extra-curriculars and I don't know if I should keep my sciences and maths or bring in some diversity...PLEASE HELP !!!
Do I need all sciences at A2???...very little time to decide.

Latest