The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Marchpane
Nice...? :p: Uh oh, this is where I have to pretend to be the fount of all knowledge about Cambridge colleges...

Clare has a reputation for being a very friendly college (though most of them seem to have that, so it could mean anything!). It's quite a musical college, hosting frequent live musical events in the JCR, AKA Clare Cellars, which is a cool underground bar. And it's old too, with lots of character and a beautiful position right next to the Cam and perfectly located in the centre of town...err...that's all I can think of at the moment. For a better idea, you might want to consult a prospectus :p:

no speical insider knowledge then?

there seem to be a lack of vets in anywhere except girton
Clare has a great bar!
There are are 25 colleges which admit vets and only 65-70 vets in each year so we are spread quite thinly!

Usually 2-4 vets per year for each college apart from Girton which can have around 10. I would be far too lazy to be at Girton though, I value that extra 15 minutes in bed too much! :p:
Reply 42
Annaconda
no speical insider knowledge then?

there seem to be a lack of vets in anywhere except girton

No, sorry :frown: My plan to set up a network of spies throughout the colleges had to be put on the back burner when lectures started :p: However, I can provide you with general Cambridge (or Girton) info if you have any further questions.
Marchpane
Nice...? :p: Uh oh, this is where I have to pretend to be the fount of all knowledge about Cambridge colleges...

Clare has a reputation for being a very friendly college (though most of them seem to have that, so it could mean anything!). It's quite a musical college, hosting frequent live musical events in the JCR, AKA Clare Cellars, which is a cool underground bar. And it's old too, with lots of character and a beautiful position right next to the Cam and perfectly located in the centre of town...err...that's all I can think of at the moment. For a better idea, you might want to consult a prospectus :p:

Also they don't normally take many vets 2-4 max and it is one of the more picturesque colleges, so expect to get a fair share of tourists and the associated hassle. Plus some of the rooms are pretty grim (from my experience on the open day several years back but I doubt much has changed).
ooh also i was wondering how many vets caius has? it says on the website 8, but nothing about the distribution between the years
Reply 45
Annaconda
ooh also i was wondering how many vets caius has? it says on the website 8, but nothing about the distribution between the years

Well there's none in my year, but we're a weird year anyway...so I'd hazard a guess at about 1-2 per year being the norm.
Caius is one of the most beautiful colleges imo. Its right in the centre of town but as soon as you go in it seems quiet and their gardens and sundial tower thingy is amazing.
i really want to go there, but they accept so few people
Reply 48
Annaconda
i really want to go there, but they accept so few people

If that's where you really want to go then you should apply there. A lot of people worry about applying to colleges where they take small numbers of people because they imagine it will be ultra competitive. You can look at the statistics for all the colleges and play the game of trying to decide which might be 'easiest' to get into, but in the long run it is the nature of the course in itself that it is competitive whichever college you apply to.

I would certainly imagine that you would come across much better in an interview at a college that you very much wanted to be at. When I applied I just chose the college I liked best (which incidentally wasn't Girton :ninja:) and didn't really put much more thought into it than that. Perhaps that isn't the best way to choose your college either, but what I'm trying to say is to go for the place you would most like to be...you'll have to live there for at least 3 years! And then even if you don't end up with an offer from there, if you're good enough you should be placed into the pool.
anybody know when roughly tickets for AVS will be available from each vet school? and also how much it is likely to cost approx? thanks
Reply 50
AVS WOOT!

(Does the RVC Song!)
Reply 51
apparently are lists are going up next week at liv....and are theme is bumble bees. Someone said it was around half of each year that there are tickets for.
Reply 52
So whos going this year? and whats your vet schools fancy dress of choice?
Make way for Noddy everyone.
Reply 54
is that what bristol are going as?

I know rvc are going as cheerleaders! theres gonna be some funny looking guys!
UCD are going as priests and nuns!!!:smile::smile: aww its gonna be soo mad, cant wait!lol
Reply 56
its gonna be awsome!!!!
so many people in my year are looking to go so im not sure if everyone will get to go!i sooooo hope i get to go!!:smile: so what themes have all the other vet schools chosen??
Reply 58
we have unlimited places! but i suppose you have to come over on a ferry!

liverpool: bumble bees
RVC: cheerleaders
Bristol: noddy?
Dublin: nuns n preists

thats all i know!
Yep, Noddy for Bristol. Tis gonna be good. If I buy a ticket.

Latest

Trending

Trending