The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hmmm well it's still not nice.

He asks questions all the time, is that it? - if memory serves... :confused: Lol if that's the case I'd be hated by all people cus I ask loads of questions all the time :biggrin: although they're philosophical usually so got nothing to do with science so I should be fine in my small groups etc :wink:
Reply 61
irisng
Hmmm well it's still not nice.

He asks questions all the time, is that it? - if memory serves... :confused: Lol if that's the case I'd be hated by all people cus I ask loads of questions all the time :biggrin: although they're philosophical usually so got nothing to do with science so I should be fine in my small groups etc :wink:

he asks far too many questions according to Willa. I met him during the first week on the way to physics practical registration.

Which college you from?
Trinity.
Woo.... nobody likes trinity.

and it has been proven right ever since... Poor guy.
Reply 62
KHL
should've been around... possibly in a splashtop? remember a random chinese guy chatting to people and terrorizing them? :biggrin:

ahh, nah, sorry, the only people I can remember were a couple of girls who were complaining about the number of rumours that were going around, and how there's pressure on oxbridge to raise the number of state school students...

what are you studying then?
Reply 63
Camford
he asks far too many questions according to Willa. I met him during the first week on the way to physics practical registration.

Which college you from?
Trinity.
Woo.... nobody likes trinity.

and it has been proven right ever since... Poor guy.

Who is this guy? I may know him. Is he the guy who turns up to lectures on other courses? Name begins with R, ends with L, maybe?
Reply 64
yeah that's the guy...i know how to say is name but have no idea how to spell it.....but it's pronounced "R-ow-all"
English
MissKathica (Sidney Sussex)
Reply 66
Law

Yaha - Wolfson
Reply 67
Maths

FoxyStar (Emmanuel)

Probably will be rejected straightly............ anyway, I'm hoping for a miracle to happen in my life for once :redface:
MML

Richy RIch$$ (Clare)
Reply 69
Willa
yeah that's the guy...i know how to say is name but have no idea how to spell it.....but it's pronounced "R-ow-all"

yeh fair enough...he is infamous at Trinity for pretty much the same thing. I met him within my first 3 hours in Cambridge on my first day. Luckily...not everyone's like him
Natural Sciences

elfen_princess (Gonville and Caius)
FoxyStar
Maths

FoxyStar (Emmanuel)

Probably will be rejected straightly............ anyway, I'm hoping for a miracle to happen in my life for once :redface:

How were your interviews? Did you get Alessio Corti in one of them. He just laughed at me throughout my interview. Are there any more emma maths applicants on this board?

tatum
Reply 72
elfen_princess
Natural Sciences

elfen_princess (Gonville and Caius)

ooh aah another prospective caian! are you phys- or bio- natsci? when were you up for your interviews?

P.S. - quite fun, this whole business of trying to figure out who i met during the interview period :biggrin:
Medicine
futurehealer (Gonville and Caius)

was up on 7/8th dec
Reply 74
Welcome everybody :smile:
Reply 75
Drederick Tatum
How were your interviews? Did you get Alessio Corti in one of them. He just laughed at me throughout my interview. Are there any more emma maths applicants on this board?

tatum

Yep, I got Dr Corti for my 1st interview, had a pretty hard time listening to his English, but god bless me I did understand it~ He was confusing me throughout the whole interview (ok, it might be me who was confusing myself) Basically, we were looking at a solid, which looks like a regular solid, but not exactly. I said it was not regular at first, then he said yes. Then I thought he meant that it IS a regular solid...... The interview went on pretty miserably afterwards. :frown:

Anyway, he's a nice guy~ He did pronounce my Chinese name :eek: surprisingly accurate!
FoxyStar
Yep, I got Dr Corti for my 1st interview, had a pretty hard time listening to his English, but god bless me I did understand it~ He was confusing me throughout the whole interview (ok, it might be me who was confusing myself) Basically, we were looking at a solid, which looks like a regular solid, but not exactly. I said it was not regular at first, then he said yes. Then I thought he meant that it IS a regular solid...... The interview went on pretty miserably afterwards. :frown:

Anyway, he's a nice guy~ He did pronounce my Chinese name :eek: surprisingly accurate!

i remember having that exact question - the one about the number of regular polyhedra. that one really dragged and ended in me embarrassingly counting dice off the table. when were you up for interview?
Reply 77
Willa

That sounds like Rowl... strange :confused: :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in meeting this Trinity guy! :biggrin: See if he is as annoying as everyone makes him out to be!

If people would stop talking about this guy behind his back about how terrible he is and bringing up stuff that makes him look bad, maybe the impression on him will change. Lol now I'm thinking if I ever met him I'd end up rambling on about how annoying he is too! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 78
rofl, this guy seems to be a legend :smile:
Reply 79
irisng
That sounds like Rowl... strange :confused: :rolleyes:

His name is Rahul, pronounced Ra-hool.

irisng
I'd be interested in meeting this Trinity guy! :biggrin: See if he is as annoying as everyone makes him out to be!

If people would stop talking about this guy behind his back about how terrible he is and bringing up stuff that makes him look bad, maybe the impression on him will change. Lol now I'm thinking if I ever met him I'd end up rambling on about how annoying he is too! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I'm sure you will get the chance eventually...if you are a first year at Cambridge, chances are he will turn up to one of your lectures and ask a completely random question soon enough, no matter which course you are doing!

OK, sorry. Sniping over. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending