Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lack of morning erection

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

HI please leave anonymous

For quite a while i have noticed that i am waking up without normal morning erections. I'm an otherwise healthy 18 year old male. I've been told it is not normal to wake up flaccid. However, i have a good, healthy sex life with gf so there have been no otherwise symptons of any erectile dysfunction (have good stiff sex at least 5 times a week with no issues). So should i be worried about this or is it normal?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Normal.

Morning wood isn't exactly an "erection" as such, it's caused by the blood not escaping the penis (I'm sure someone will explain in more detail).

Some people just don't get them, some people only sometimes get them, and some people can stop getting them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It means nothing. It's determined by the point during your sleep cycle at which you wake up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's normal, as the previous posters have said, some people get it some of the time, some people never get it, and it depends when you wake up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturn...ile_tumescence
    Wikipedia has the answer to everything!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever wake up with an erection, and he's workin' fine. Honest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    dont think you should worry about it mate.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    omg do you wake up with one everyday?!

wow

I wish i did not have morning erections, do you know how annoying it can be?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, practically everyday really for myself.

Though, everyone is different so it means bo diddly really.

edit: I can't believe I talking about morning wood.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    At least it'll stop the bedsheets sticking to you on these global warming-induced muggy summer evenings.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    omg imagine having breakfast with your family and then the table suddenly rises up on your side and all the plates start falling off the table and you're mums like "wtf?!" and your lil bro is like "earthquake!" and then your dad is like "i think we need a little talk son"

omg im glad im a girl, that must be sooooooo embarassing

but having one is healthier than not having one i guess :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs_Sylar)
    omg imagine having breakfast with your family and then the table suddenly rises up on your side and all the plates start falling off the table and you're mums like "wtf?!" and your lil bro is like "earthquake!" and then your dad is like "i think we need a little talk son"

Erm yeah, that isn't *exactly* how it works...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ lol what do i know all i have to worry about is riding the crimson wave every so often lool

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:

....its not a self raising telegraph pole that happens to start an earthquake....

....having said that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    this thread made me lol..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    ....its not a self raising telegraph pole that happens to start an earthquake....

....having said that
    guys always boast about size. so are you actually admitting it isn't all that big?!

woohoo "celebrate good timez come on!" :party:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    guys always boast about size. so are you actually admitting it isn't all that big?!

woohoo "celebrate good timez come on!" :party:
    lol internet forums arnt where I let people know about my size. Its a closely guarded secret between me and my school/college friends and girlfriends lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    lol internet forums arnt where I let people know about my size. Its a closely guarded secret between me and my school/college friends and girlfriends lol.

You tell all your school/college friends ???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol. When i was 14 i got them every single morning (puberty is when they are most common) and my mum used to do this thing where if i wouldn't get up she'd pull the covers off (i slept in pyjamas). But one night it was really hot so i slept naked. SO next morning mum pulls off the covers and i have a rock hard cock lol. I remember vividly how loud she screamed :yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    You tell all your school/college friends ???
    lmao

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 4, 2008
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.