Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

GCSE results compare website

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi...
    does anyone know that website where you enter in your GCSE results and it tells you you ranking in the overall GCSE statistics?
    It was in TSR but i forgot that website...
    Thanks...
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    www.gradeinfo.co.uk
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ooo...thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That website is stupid even if you type in that you got 99999999 A*'s it still says 500 people beat you.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's stupid. If, under the A-Levels, you say you got 5 As at AS and 5 As at A2, which people do do, it tells you that you're first in the country, to be honest the site is quite useless besides the Cambridge Admission Score, because Universities don't compare you against the rest of the country, they also take into account where you studied, it's nowhere near as black and white as grade info depicts.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katermerang)
    That website is stupid even if you type in that you got 99999999 A*'s it still says 500 people beat you.
    The reason it does that is because it's built by people submitting their scores, and idiots like you that submit impossible scores skew the system when you start getting into higher grades. Don't complain when you're part of the problem, gosh. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    The reason it does that is because it's built by people submitting their scores, and idiots like you that submit impossible scores skew the system when you start getting into higher grades. Don't complain when you're part of the problem, gosh. :rolleyes:
    Look before you start calling people idiots maybe you should look at the site your self:

"Where are these statistics from?
    All of the statistics used on this website are from the DFES's (Department for Education and Skills) Statistics website. This is certainly a reputable source and so you can expect that this site's analysis of your grades is as accurate as can be found on the internet."

(Taken from the website, )

it would not possibly work if was just run by people submitting their scores. Every heard of think before you type? Hypocrite.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    words
    Fair enough, I'm wrong.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Fair enough, I'm wrong.
    Good, and thank you for admitting it.
    • 167 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just checked that if you got 4 straight a's this year you have:

your percentile 97.18%
    you outperformed 126,300 students
    and you are one of the 3700 that got 4 staight a's out of the maximum 130,000
    and also 1 in 35 has your level of ability or above.

:?:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah quite and I wonder how old the stats are? 05? 04?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j1991)
    My percentile is 97.8% ...comapred to the nation ..Wohoooo Go me!
    See, it says my percentile is 98.42% despite your results being technically better, probably because you have a B. Even still, your results are better, so it shows the system can't really be trusted :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Do you know when you're getting the results for your Geography remark?
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Do you know when you're getting the results for your Geography remark?
    That post is quite embrassing because I made a massive dick of myself. :o:

No idea! I assume they could take any amount of time between now and certificate evening. :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    It's stupid. If, under the A-Levels, you say you got 5 As at AS and 5 As at A2, which people do do, it tells you that you're first in the country, to be honest the site is quite useless besides the Cambridge Admission Score, because Universities don't compare you against the rest of the country, they also take into account where you studied, it's nowhere near as black and white as grade info depicts.
    If you got 5 As at AS and carried all of them on to A2 you'd only put the grades in for A2.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 3, 2008
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.