Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls think they're fighting a cosmic battle with tubs of ice cream, etc?

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    No not I. You must be thinking of someone else. I actually got temp banned from the fitness forum for not pandering to the pussies. I was (and still am - I'm just less vocal now) militant with my diet/exercise regime. They didn't like that. Said it intimidated them and made them feel bad about themselves. It was a huge issue at the time.
    Tufts is a hard cookie..... she won't budge. :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What pisses me off more is:

"omg let's be REALLY NAUGHTY and eat some chocolate!" - I break all the rules etc.

That's not naughty, go rob a bank, that's naughty.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    No staying power. Simple.

It can be done. I can say no to desert because I would rather have a hot body and non of the emotional turmoil that goes with it. Good thread (I know some don't agree) but it's an easy way to discuss ways around it.
    :five: Why the hell wern't you around a few months ago.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Bad food utilises chemicals and assorted nasties to manipulate your taste buds. It's not natural.

Give me lean chicken anyday.

Of course, lean chicken is great, I would rather eat au natural than have my tastebuds manipulated by nasties!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never done that! I have the occasional bowl of ice cream after dinner but that's about 2-3 scoops, once a week if that. Maybe I'm weird but I don't get cravings for chocolate or ice cream!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inevitability.JPG 
Views:	312 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	57647  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Lulz
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tufts is a hard cookie..... she won't budge. :p:
    I wouldnt mess.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had ice cream in years.

Good riddance.

Haven't you found that the longer you go without something (after the initial few months), the less you desire it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Good riddance.

Haven't you found that the longer you go without something (after the initial few months), the less you desire it?
    Yeah ^^

Except sex
    and nice food
    and stuff you like.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tezcatlipoca)
    Yeah ^^

Except sex
    and nice food
    and stuff you like.
    lulz :p:

Seriously though, whenever I walk past maccy ds or greggs I turn my nose up at the stink. Whereas back in the day (when I was a pussy) Id start salivating and pondering whether to pay them a visit.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's weird. I know girls who give a running commentary on how something is bad for them and end up eating the crap anyway. I think it is just a way of talking themselves into it without taking any responsibility. That or they're just idiots.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    lulz :p:

Seriously though, whenever I walk past maccy ds or greggs I turn my nose up at the stink. Whereas back in the day (when I was a pussy) Id start salivating and pondering whether to pay them a visit.
    Indeed, I find most fast food joints disgusting and will never eat at them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Good riddance.

:yep:

I cant even smell chocolate now without feeling slightly ill - give me a huge bowl of fruit any day
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chupa chup)
    :yep:

I cant even smell chocolate now without feeling slightly ill - give me a huge bowl of fruit any day
    Milk choc is too sweet. So is sugar in tea, and coca cola. I don't really crave it unless I start eating it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Milk choc is too sweet. So is sugar in tea, and coca cola. I don't really crave it unless I start eating it.

Okay, slightly off topic but I love your avatar, Dr Mac :love:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really crave it unless I start eating it.
    So true. That's why I stay clean. Even my one cheat meal per week is a "less than 5% fat" Wetherspoons pasta.

Feels like a cheat because it uses white pasta - the horror!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Those trackers some people have in their sigs "20lb to go!" I'm sure I've seen one go from "20lb to go!" to "22lb to go!"
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Those trackers some people have in their sigs "20lb to go!" I'm sure I've seen one go from "20lb to go!" to "22lb to go!"
    Those trackers are rather pants. How does the tracker know the rate you are loosing weight? Do you update it yourself?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's because the typical weight-whinging female eats from emotional impulses. Men are more accustomed to recognising hunger and eating because of that.

I read an article about it recently- if a guy gets hungry mid-morning, he'll have his dinner early. Something savoury. Whereas the "typical" girl would reach for a sweet snack. Similarly, women are more likely to indulge in sweet and fatty foods to deal with stress, sadness etc, whereas a guy is more likely to act towards sorting it out.

Painting a favourable image of my gender here, aren't I.

It's true though. The girls the OP describe are very common, and are the ones with turbulent emotions and without the strength or wisdom to actively solve them.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2008
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.