Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Cowberg
Yes.

lol yes to what? Yes it has gone up?
Reply 3
Yes to the spontaneous second question.

It was £100 for us, and now it's, I guess, £200. Mah finks it woz becoz we woz breakin lotza stufz.
Reply 4
From what I've heard you were very lucky to get it back, I've basically been told to just not expect it back, and include it in the accomodation costs (which is absolutely brilliant when you have no money anyway to live on :frown:)
Reply 5
Uhhhh no fair :grr:
lovely
i dont think i got my money, i left my room in a state :/
Reply 8
Twas £100 for me.

Got a cheque back four days before I left (Tyler A).

Then again the week before a person had checked the rooms, and the only mess I had was a few too many empty cans of drink :giggle:
Reply 9
ChicaBonita
From what I've heard you were very lucky to get it back, I've basically been told to just not expect it back, and include it in the accomodation costs (which is absolutely brilliant when you have no money anyway to live on :frown:)

Why would you not get it back? On the last day when you sign out they give you an envelope with a cheque? You go and cash the cheque and then you have it back? So surely people that haven't haven't signed out or enquired about it because they are all ready on the last day.
So moral of the story is, live like a pig all year but make sure your room is spotless two weeks before you leave it. :smile:
Reply 11
Sounds like a plan.
Reply 12
Blue Rose
W would you not get it back? On the last day when you sign out they give you an envelope with a cheque? You go and cash the cheque and then you have it back? So surely people that haven't haven't signed out or enquired about it because they are all ready on the last day.

Yes, but someone goes round during the last few weeks and checks rooms randomly. So i'm guessing the people who's rooms aren't satisfactory don't have a cheque in their envelope because they take down room numbers. I wondered about that too.
Blue Rose
Why would you not get it back? On the last day when you sign out they give you an envelope with a cheque? You go and cash the cheque and then you have it back? So surely people that haven't haven't signed out or enquired about it because they are all ready on the last day.

Well I'm not kind of authority on it, but I've read around that most people don't get it back. Especially due to the communal areas, where is one person leaves it in a bit of a mess/ destroys something, everyone doesn't get their thing back.
That's why they have a damage deposit, so that they don't necessarily give it back, otherwise what would be the point?
Reply 14
ChicaBonita
Especially due to the communal areas, where is one person leaves it in a bit of a mess

Especially when a person moving out clears out their room and dumps four bags of rubbish in the kitchen before leaving.

Actually happened to us (ask Hev456) :shifty:
Reply 15
ChicaBonita
Well I'm not kind of authority on it, but I've read around that most people don't get it back. Especially due to the communal areas, where is one person leaves it in a bit of a mess/ destroys something, everyone doesn't get their thing back.
That's why they have a damage deposit, so that they don't necessarily give it back, otherwise what would be the point?

I made sure I cleaned the whole corridor before I left, well the shower and kitchen, though it was never that dirty anyway, I best get mine back. Well I cashed in the cheque the other day, but I heard they can ask for it back or something because they inspect it after you get your cheque. I dunno but no matter what I'll get mine back. Lol I did leave an iron mark on the carpet but whatever lol and it isn't THAT bad. I think if I were to be charged I'd know by know. My friend had burns on his carpet, serious burns and they told him he wasn't getting his deposit back. My burn happened aaaages ago and they inspected my room several times and said nothing :biggrin:
Reply 16
Truered
Especially when a person moving out clears out their room and dumps four bags of rubbish in the kitchen before leaving.

I thought the last people had to take all rubbish outside anyway.
i smoked in my room all year and chipped the paint off the radiator, and got 100% of my deposit back.
Reply 18
Truered

But i reported that sod good and proper to the reception :yep: i wonder what happened...
Reply 19
random_bloke
i smoked in my room all year and chipped the paint off the radiator, and got 100% of my deposit back.

I would have thought that your other house/flat mates would have hated this?
Unless they were smokers, of course.

Latest

Trending

Trending