The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
It certainly does show that they clash between weeks 6 and 11. The only possible explanation I can think of is that there's either an error with the timetable in which case it'll probably be better to contact them and find out what the heck is going on :p:

It could be that for your degree, they know there's a clash and they have some sort of resolve for it which they haven't told you about yet (Maybe they would tell you in the welcome lecture) - Even if this was the case I would still get in touch with them, there's nothing worse than leaving it late and not having a clue what to do. I don't do Sciences so I'm not sure what happens in practicals but a friend of mine who studies Chemistry said they can be pretty work intensive, so missing an hour for the lecture clash would surely put you at a disadvantage.

In the first semester do you also have practicals Friday 9-12 and Friday 2-5? I just looked at the timetable for the Practical Skills in Chemistry module, and it does show other practicals in the week. If you have these in addition to your Tuesday 10am-1pm practical then it does seem the clash needs to be sorted out. If you don't have these practicals (i.e. they are there to split the people who take the module into smaller groups) then it may be the case that you can switch to one of these practicals instead as long as they don't clash with anythign else either.

Very strange that there's a clash in the compulsory modules though, it definately isn't just your timetable because I checked out the general timetable for your degree and it also shows the clash :s-smilie:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Maybe you get a choice which lecture you go to? Cos for that one module there appears to be two lectures, one on the Monday too...does it say on the module page the requirements for the module? And does it say there that you have two lectures a week, or just one? Cos it'd be weird to have two lectures a week for one module, but then I don't do sciences so don't really know.

EDIT: It appears there are three available (Lecture 1, 2, 3) for just one module in the first semester. But, I just looked and it says you have 66 lectures over the year, and if memory serves there are 11 weeks in each semester, so you would have to do all 3. Hmm. Mystery. Contact the dept if you're not sure.
Reply 3
I had a clash between one of my compulsary modules and an optional module that was not an elective. I thought this strange as how can a module be considered optional if it clashes with a compulsary module. I sent an email to the relevant department and they've sorted it now.
Hmm... I have a clash between my two compulsory subjects. I'm doing Chinese and Japanese... and guess what, my Chinese and Japanese lessons clash! :rofl:

Anyone shed any light on this? I've looked at alternative times... and that clashes again!
Thanks all. I went into the office and they said it'll all be sorted by the beginning of term (the same applies to all JH students)
Reply 6
I have a similar problem, one of my HPS core modules clashes with a core Theology module, but the HPS had an alternative time listed that I could get to, so I'm hoping thats ok.
I've tried contacting them by email but no replys so far...
Reply 7
magic_box
I have a similar problem, one of my HPS core modules clashes with a core Theology module, but the HPS had an alternative time listed that I could get to, so I'm hoping thats ok.
I've tried contacting them by email but no replys so far...

I imagine they'll be pretty busy right now, so give it time. But yeah, there's plenty of time to sort it out really..

Latest