The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Don't know if its much help but once you can log on to the portal you can check the nottingham marketplace on the web and post an ad or look through the current ones which may make it easier to get a hold of second hand.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Bravery
Don't know if its much help but once you can log on to the portal you can check the nottingham marketplace on the web and post an ad or look through the current ones which may make it easier to get a hold of second hand.

Cool cheers, yeah there's an issue with the portal at the moment, i don't think it will let anyone sign on as the username generator thingy is broken. bummer.
Reply 3
oh where did you get the reading list for biology? didn't receive anything :frown:
Reply 4
Jonandson
oh where did you get the reading list for biology? didn't receive anything :frown:

In the welcome pack kinda thing. The big red leaflet that says: "Core Reading for 1st year biology" etc. etc. Are you doing biology too? Maybe it's just this department.
Reply 5
ohh I didn't get any welcome pack yet. perhaps it's because I'm from Germany and it takes a little longer...? when did you get it?

I'm doing Genetics :smile:
Reply 6
Not too sure....only just got back from Italy today, and it was on my doorstep:smile: So anytime in the last week up until today. Germany? Wow, have you been to see Nottingham at all or stayed in england? It should be good to see a lot of internationals at Nottingham, a complete contrast to the village where i live now lol.
Reply 7
blackwells on campus sell second hand books but obviously they won't have as many but they'll be cheaper.
the second hands books have green strips on them.
what i would honestly suggest is, wait till you get to uni and after a couple of weeks, you'll know which books you'll definitely need (and if you want, buy) and those that are just supplementary. In my 2 years I've only bought 1 book for my course which I haven't used that much. All my books were from the library. It saves space when you're packing up each term, saves you money and it helps keep the library staff busy :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending