The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
what course are you applying for and what universities? i applied last year and had 4 offers by the end of novemeber, eventually decided to reapply but i dont see why they would leave gap year students to last. also when did you send off your personal statement?

to be honest the whole system is quite random and so i wouldnt draw too many conclusions from it
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
lolly_polly
Does anyone know if this is true - if your taking a gap year then the universities consider your application after everyone elses who are applying for entry in 2005? Its just that, I've still not heard from any of my universities and I'm thinking maybe its because i'm taking a gap year??

No They won't consider you application after everyone else. It is usally done based on the date that ur application was received and it will be considerd with other Gap yr applicants.
Reply 3
HamaL
No They won't consider you application after everyone else. It is usally done based on the date that ur application was received and it will be considerd with other Gap yr applicants.

Yeah, but I sent my application off for history at the beginning of Oct. So far I haven't heard from any of my universities, apart from Cambridge, (btw I've applied to Bristol, LSE, edinburgh, warwick, and durham). So thats the only reason why i'm quite anxious because its been ages!!!
Reply 4
lolly_polly
Yeah, but I sent my application off for history at the beginning of Oct. So far I haven't heard from any of my universities, apart from Cambridge, (btw I've applied to Bristol, LSE, edinburgh, warwick, and durham). So thats the only reason why i'm quite anxious because its been ages!!!

All those universities are pretty tough to get into with a lot of very well qualified applications and so they do have to consider it carefully. Its a bit random when you hear, if you surf around the forums you will see people who applied before others and are better qualified but wait longer to hear. Good luck with your applications though - don't read too much into it. I've just heard from Durham and LSE within days of each other and one was good one was bad.
Last year when I applied my first and last reply were a rejection but some of tje middle ones were ok. There are so many varying factors that you shouldn't worry

Latest

Trending

Trending