The Student Room Group
Reply 1
silkymouse1
Hey- I've been lurking for a while here, so figured I'd join and introduce myself and add yet another vet med thread! *noooo!* :smile:

Has anyone heard from Liverpool? I really want to go there. I was rejected from there last year, but I would give anything to go there, and I'm just wondering if anyone has been invited for interview yet, as I'm so scared of yet another rejection from there.

L :smile:

I applied, heard nothing . Don't really want to go there though, i want RVC!!!!!
Reply 2
Just wondering- why do people not want to go there?
I've got an offer from the RVC but would much rather go to Liverpool.

Reply 3
silkymouse1

Has anyone heard from Liverpool? I really want to go there. I was rejected from there last year, but I would give anything to go there, and I'm just wondering if anyone has been invited for interview yet, as I'm so scared of yet another rejection from there.

I applied to Liverpool, and as I'm already a graduate, they sent me a financial information form because I have to pay full fees, and then shortly after I'd sent that back I got an interview letter. My interview is on 25th January. The vets I've met who went to Liverpool really liked the vet school, but weren't so sure about the city. I will be visiting it for the first time when I have my interview.
Did you have an interview there last year? If yes, what did they ask you? And did they give you any feedback as to why you were rejected?

You are so lucky you have an offer from somewhere, even if it's not your first choice! I wish I had one....

Good luck with Liverpool!
Reply 4
Kisa
I applied to Liverpool, and as I'm already a graduate, they sent me a financial information form because I have to pay full fees, and then shortly after I'd sent that back I got an interview letter. My interview is on 25th January. The vets I've met who went to Liverpool really liked the vet school, but weren't so sure about the city. I will be visiting it for the first time when I have my interview.
Did you have an interview there last year? If yes, what did they ask you? And did they give you any feedback as to why you were rejected?

You are so lucky you have an offer from somewhere, even if it's not your first choice! I wish I had one....

Good luck with Liverpool!

Oh right. Good luck for your interview! I don't have any help for you really. Last year I was ill and so didn't get the grades needed for vet med so got straight rejections without any interviews. Let me know how it goes :smile:

I personally love the city, though I think some of the halls are a bit far out of the way. My girlfriend's doing medicine in Liverpool and we often go out into the city and I think it's wonderful. I felt really safe there and there's so much to do!

I know I'm lucky to have an interview. I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful if indeed I did. I'm really thankful and happy about it, just I <i>really really</i> want to go to Liverpool! :smile:

L
Reply 5
I'm sorry to hear that you were ill last year - it's so annoying when something affects your grades. Before my AS levels my Dad had a heart attack so I couldn't revise, and as a result I have to repeat all the AS physics modules and some others in June as well as doing my A2 modules... but he survived so that's all that matters really.

It's good to know that you've spent time in the city and love it - I will be very happy if I get in there.

You didn't come across as ungrateful at all - I'm just envious of anyone who has an offer because they are such a big step closer to becoming a vet, and I'm getting worn out with all the wishing, waiting and hoping!
*Arwen*
I applied, heard nothing . Don't really want to go there though, i want RVC!!!!!

RVC is everybody's second choice which is why so many people recieve offers from them.

I'm at Liverpool. its good. just had first exam. believe me, this one exam was harder than all the work experience/interviews/A levels put together. They say the hard part's over once you've got in but its not true- its just the beginning.

:worm:
Reply 7
gt@vetschool
RVC is everybody's second choice which is why so many people recieve offers from them.

I'm at Liverpool. its good. just had first exam. believe me, this one exam was harder than all the work experience/interviews/A levels put together. They say the hard part's over once you've got in but its not true- its just the beginning.

:worm:

i'll second that completely - we had our first exam yesterday (at dick vet) and the first paper was okish but the 2nd paper (histology and practical interpretation) was a nightmare. Ignore everyone who says it gets easier - they are lying! Although we just keep reminding ourselves that we only need 50% to pass!
Having had the exam on the first day back of term you might have thought they would ease us back in gently - no such luck we were give our research titles today (mine is something to do with fracture healing) plus we have more exams in a few weeks and we have to sort out work experience...but having said all that i wouldnt want to be anywhere else doing anything else so i guess i had better go start some revision!

Latest