The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah £140 is very expensive, im sure if you look hard enough you can £100 p/w....but if you like the house and itslocation byallmeans take itup!! but just be a little weary of your money.....
depends where
Reply 3
The same property can cost twice as much in, say, Fulham as in, say, the East End. In a good area, £140 is fairly typical and you won't find anything hugely cheaper.
Reply 4
yeah i agree with above posters, what uni are you at? areas like dulwich are lovely and also incredibly reasonable rent but depends on where you're needing to get to
Reply 5
I'm paying £165. Believe me, I'd rather pay less. If you're in Kennington, £140 is a lot. If you're in Kensington, it's not. Really does depend.
Reply 6
I dunno, it seems okay to me. It's about how much the accommodation at King's is (there is cheaper and more expensive than that at King's, so I'd say that's about average), and there we're just paying for a room, and most likely for that price and ensuit, possibly catered.
Reply 7
the thing to remember is you can get inclusive student accomodation for that price, are you at imperial.. if so surely you would get better value in shepards bush, pimlico, battersea etc? london's gotta be a difficult place right now with the credit crunch causing big rises in rental costs
i am in imperial, the house is in east acton, which seems like a very good area

the house just around the corner to the station...there's even a garden!
i'm paying £87 a week for my london house:smile:
francescarella
i'm paying £87 a week for my london house:smile:

Thats cheap what area is it in? I'm paying £110
maze.e
Thats cheap what area is it in? I'm paying £110

west hampstead:smile: where are you?
For east acton, unless the house is immaculate thats expensive.
Astudentinneed
i am in imperial, the house is in east acton, which seems like a very good area

the house just around the corner to the station...there's even a garden!

DONT DO IT!!
YOU WILL GET STABBED!
francescarella
west hampstead:smile: where are you?

That's pretty good I'm near tower hill. Which university are you at?
maze.e
That's pretty good I'm near tower hill. Which university are you at?

see sig:p:

what uni you at?
oh ok for some reason your sig didn't show up checked your profile instead. I'm at UCL.
maze.e
oh ok for some reason your sig didn't show up checked your profile instead. I'm at UCL.

my sig's at the top of the page:smile: sigs only appear on your first post on the page:wink:
Reply 18
140 a week is a pretty good price yeah
francescarella
my sig's at the top of the page:smile: sigs only appear on your first post on the page:wink:

Oh ok I always wondered why Sigs disappeared I guess you learn something new everyday!

Latest