The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Don't tell them you are letting someone stay over. Yes I know I have no association with Lincoln whatsoever but a lot of uni accomodation has this "rule" and as far as I am aware they don't check in on you while your sleeping to make sure there aren't two to a bed. lol
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, just ignor it, everyone has mates up and boyfriends/girlfriends up, its not anything to worry about i think they say it so you don't start renting out the floor lol
Reply 3
lol now theres an idea!!!
yeah it is fine...just dont tell them!
Yea dont worry about it. They say that in most accomodation contracts. Think its just so you dont have your boyfriend/girlfriend practically move in with you, but Ive never heard of it actually being an issue with anyone!
Reply 5
What it will be is that
the college isnt insured for a non student on there propity
so if your girlfriend/boyfriend stayed over and then fell down the stair or something
that person could sue the tenet.
so its just to cover there backs I guess.
do it anyway if u were bring someone back you would be like "oh yeh want to come back to mine for some.... oh wait I'm not allowed let anyone stay over, sorry no sex tonight good night"
Rams95
I read the tendancy agreement for the student village and it says that persons are not allowed to stay over night. Which is a bit mean to say you have a boyfriend or girlfriend . im a bit miffed ! any current students at Lincoln know if they actually carry out this threat??
x

Yeah i live in courts, you won't have a problem. They wouldnt know trust me :smile:
Another thing, me & most of my mates have had people come up for a night out which has occasionally resulted in 6 people sleeping in one room... so Im sure one tiny little boyfriend/girlfriend shouldnt be a problem :p:
Reply 8
went up to visit some old time friends at lincoln and stayed in one of their rooms for a week, no problems!
flat mates have had boyfriends over and 3/4 other friends over at the same time... they all slept in the kitchen :s-smilie: anyway, they don't really care if i'm honest. the security guards are too nice for that!! xxx

Latest