The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did because i like Science, Chem, problem solving .... it has a lot of prospects....
Reply 2
how much is salary for chemical engineering? and is further maths required?
Reply 3
Depends where and what industry you work in. Further maths is not required. Starting saalry is about £25 - 30k after 10 years once your chartered it rises to about £55k and above, i heard in the oil industry the average salary is about £70k a year but not sure if this is true.
Reply 4
surely this will change, and there will be fewer jobs in the future or will there??
Reply 5
If anything wont it increase in demand with the oil running out, new energy sources are needed. Also we are always converting raw materials into usable ones so there will always be demand in sectors like food, plastics, pharmeceuticals...
Reply 6
Which universities offer the best chem eng course?
Reply 7
and what A-Level results are required
Reply 8
Maths, plus either physics or chemistry, best to have all 3, further maths is more of an advantage than a requirement. I guess Cambridge and Imperial are the best, other good ones would be Manchester, Bath, Loughborough and Birmingham I would assume.

EDIT: look here http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php?AC_sub=Chemical+Engineering&x=22&y=17&sub=13

For the OP, i chose to apply for chem eng because i enjoy physics and chem but would rather study how they can applied into real problems as opposed to just learning scientific theory. Also the money is a good incentive, i might move to the middle east and get minted there :biggrin:
Reply 9
Carlo08
I did because i like Science, Chem, problem solving .... it has a lot of prospects....

its more about pipes and stuff than chemistry so ive heard from some of the students and lecturers at an open day i went to...
Reply 10
is it a boring course and not very exciting
Reply 11
Soloman
is it a boring course and not very exciting

The thread is "why..", not giving lame opinions on why you shoudnt!
Reply 12
Crabman
The thread is "why..", not giving lame opinions on why you shoudnt!

I think the 'is it' at the beginning of his sentence could indicate he was asking a question, not making a statement, but it is a bit hard to tell due to the lack of a question mark.
I doubt it's that boring, since when was education ever fun? it sounds to me, interesting, motivating, but boring

Latest