The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
rosygarden
Does anyone know the percentage of first yr undergraduates who get on campus accomadation? i put lancaster as my second choice so i'm not guaranteed on campus accomadation, what do you think my chances are, i applied before the 15th august(before results day)

In theory,

First years who FIRM Lancaster, 100% should get campus accommodation.

First years who INSURE Lancaster, No guarantees of on campus accommodation.

Clearing, don't expect campus accommodation.

That is the general rules.

Last year, the uni ****ed up accommodaiton big style and a load of first years were forced off campus, even those who firmed the university.
However, the uni has got it's act together.

So, for you personally mate, I reckon you will get on campus accommodation and even most clearing students. Unless you've stated you want off campus accommodation, which is now a standard choice for first years now.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
i think they've ****ed up again, coz they still havent sent accomadation letters out, and said they are having problems with their computer systems, and i should hear from them a week before i go there, arhhhhhhhh!!!!
Reply 3
oh, i'm gonna do politics with international relations aswell, how do you find the course?
Reply 4
me too its annoying bu il just have to wait it out and hope for on campus, i think it would only really bother me for the first few weeks, and freshers because all the stuff we have to go to is so spread out and i wont just be able to go back to my room between them... ahh
Reply 5
rosygarden
i think they've ****ed up again, coz they still havent sent accomadation letters out, and said they are having problems with their computer systems, and i should hear from them a week before i go there, arhhhhhhhh!!!!

Today is the first date that accommodation offers should be officially be released so, please, don't worry. The university are very relaxed when it comes to accommodation and I understand your fustration because they do take the piss basically.
Reply 6
rosygarden
oh, i'm gonna do politics with international relations aswell, how do you find the course?

Brilliant. It's very diverse so you get a taster of many fields such as America/British comparative, political philospohy, gloablisaiton, political economies, politics around the world such as Africa, Asia, South America, British politics and so much more. It'll give you a taste of the modules in second and third years - which are diverse and I'm going into my second year and I'm looking forward to my modules. I'm even doing one on the Middle East in my third year (oh you learn about the ME in first year too).

As politics takes only one unit out of three in your first year, I'd advise you take American Studies, Sociology, Criminology, Economics, History... something along those lines as your minors, they compliment well and karl marx is surely to get mentioned in everything, the lil ****! You'll learn to hate that name soon.
Reply 7
chinapink
me too its annoying bu il just have to wait it out and hope for on campus, i think it would only really bother me for the first few weeks, and freshers because all the stuff we have to go to is so spread out and i wont just be able to go back to my room between them... ahh

If you do end up off campus, I have never ever heard a fresher say they have missed out because they were off campus. the university, especially Lonsdale college anyway, understand there are freshers off campus and will accommodate you and involve you as much as possible.

If you're off campus just think of the money you're going to save and the fact you have an house, it's gonna be an awesome experience.
Reply 8
well i have been thinking of the positives, im just not all that confident, and having never used buses other than the private work one i dont know where to start lol
Reply 9
chinapink
well i have been thinking of the positives, im just not all that confident, and having never used buses other than the private work one i dont know where to start lol

Sure it's going to be new and unusual at first and frightening, but it'll soon become routine. I'm off campus as well for the first time and I'm dreading the whole bus thing too.... just can't be bothered with it but I'm sure I'm going love living in a house.

At least you'll make instant friends.
Reply 10
dont worry, i'm a die hard tory, so i already hate him!
rosygarden

Nope, because there were way more rooms reserved for freshers on campus this year. they just chose a bad time to change computer systems...
Reply 12
ah so hopefully i should get one then
Does anyone know when we should be finding out our room numbers and term-time addresses? Cos nobody seems to know this and we need to know for stuff like filling out forms (e.g. the medical one they've sent us)... When did people find out last year/in previous years?
Reply 14
Your term time address is just your college, Lancaster University, Lancaster, and the postcode (look it up on the website) This is enough for most things.
But you do need your house number and room number for your TV licence.
Reply 15
Just to let you know, I went through clearing and I got an accommodation offer today - however, the email did say the campus was popular this year. My accommodation is at University of Cumbria, Lancaster students have an entire building to themselves on it. I think that may just be for clearing applicants though. Just thought I'd post here and let you know :smile: I'm not too worried, I admit I was in a state of shock at first but I'm starting to see a few plus sides...
meandmylies
Does anyone know when we should be finding out our room numbers and term-time addresses? Cos nobody seems to know this and we need to know for stuff like filling out forms (e.g. the medical one they've sent us)... When did people find out last year/in previous years?

Last year we found out this information in the welcome pack sent from our College (separate to the University welcome pack), however because the auto allocation system in place apparently accommodation details will not be given out until you arrive on the 27/28th. Although as mentioned below as long as you know which College you are in, then you have your postal address.
Reply 17
Lizj
Your term time address is just your college, Lancaster University, Lancaster, and the postcode (look it up on the website) This is enough for most things.
But you do need your house number and room number for your TV licence.

you also need it for you tutor card sent in the post. Its really annoying as all you need to send it away with your college membership which doesnt require it. If you didn't require your room number on the tutor card i could send away my forms right now
Reply 18
Tutor card? Did I ever have such a thing? Wht is it for?
Reply 19
i got a letter from pendle college and one of the things was like a tutor card, you have to stick a photo on it and put your name and pendle room details on it

Latest

Trending

Trending